60 - baby daddy

«We can't know for sure,» Joong said, his voice slightly shaking. But they knew.

Woo was the first one to touch the baby's dimpled cheek. San held on to his boyfriend with shaking arms, not sure what to think.

«It can't be,» he mumbled.

«We'll have to wait for the DNA test,» Maya whispered, but she kept staring at San and Wooyoung. Worry was plastered all over her. When Seonghwa saw the fear in her eyes, he made sure to smile warmly at her.

«It'll be okay, love,» he said.

«I know,» she smiled weakly.

«San, are you okay?» Hongjoong asked.

«I don't know.»

San wasn't worried about being the father. He was worried about not being the father. During the next few weeks, the entire family was bonding with their newest member, but he did the most. Clearly, everyone expected the test to show that he was Minjun's father, but what if they were wrong? What if it was actually Seonghwa or Jongho like they had originally expected? That would be so painful. No matter how much Minjun would still be in his family, he wanted to be his father. His biological father. He hadn't thought about this before the boy was born, but now... Now it meant everything.

«Are you okay, my love?»

Wooyoung crept onto San's lap and San put his face against his neck and just breathed him in.

«I'm okay.»

«You're thinking about Minjun.»

«Yes. I'm sorry.»

«What are you apologizing for? I completely understand.»

«I'm sorry for it taking up so much of my mind.»

«That's okay, love. I wouldn't want it any other way.»

«But what if I am Minjun's father?»

«Then I'll be just as happy as you.»

«Really? I always imagined you and me having kids together. This... I don't want you to feel left out.»

«We can still have kids together, babe. But I can never birth any for you, and I couldn't think of anyone better to do so than Maya. We will truly be one big family now.»

«Are you really going to be okay with that?»

«Yes. Minjun's going to love me. I'll be the dad that spoils him.»

«Yes, you will, won't you?»

Wooyoung giggled and San leaned up to kiss him.

«I love you so much, Wooyoungie.»

«I know. I love you too.»

San fell into deep thoughts again, and Wooyoung just held him.

«What if I'm not his father?» he eventually said.

Wooyoung understood perfectly fine. That was San's biggest fear at this point.

It was time to make some big decisions. Like where to live. Would they stay in the UK? Would they go back to Korea? Or maybe they should go to the US where they might have bigger possibilities when it came to making music again.