15 - I love you

«I don't think it went very well,» Yunho said when he saw Maya walking away from the pier alone. When she got closer they could tell she was upset. She avoided them, and went straight for the changing rooms where she had left her bag.

«Who's gonna go?» Mingi said, and they all looked at each other.

«I want to go,» Seonghwa quickly said, and no one protested. He was soon running after her.

«Woo, do you wanna go talk to Yeo? He might need a friend right now,» Hongjoong suggested.

«Yeah, I'll go. We'll both go.»

He grabbed San's hand, and they quickly moved towards the pier where they saw a figure slouching on a bench.

«Yeosangie,» San said as he sat down on one side of the man. Wooyoung couldn't speak, he just cried as he sat down on the other side of Yeo. «It'll be okay.»

«No, it won't. She hates me. I'm a horrible person, she's right!»

«No, that's not true, Yeo,» San said and put his arms around the crying man. Woo had already pulled him close. «You're a good guy, everyone knows that. We love you.»

«You shouldn't. I'm a monster.»

«Stop it!» Woo cried. «Stop that! I can't listen to you hating yourself. Please, just... we'll fix this. It'll be okay, I promise.»

«No, you can't fix me, Woo. I'm not worth it. She's right, it's in my core. I judged her from the very start. I never gave her a chance. I don't blame her for not giving me a chance now. I wouldn't believe me either.»

The three of them ended up just holding each other while crying. Yeo didn't feel better, but at least he wasn't alone. They didn't abandon him even though that might have been what he deserved.

«I need to go home.»

«Maya, what happened?» Seonghwa tried to take her hand to make her stand still, but she brushed it off.

«I'm gonna go home.»

«I'll come with you.»

«No,» she said strongly, finally looking at him. Dried streaks of tears decorated her cheeks. «No, you're going to finish. I'm not going to ruin your work.»

«We can postpone...»

«No! Please, don't put this on me. I can't take it right now. I need you to stay here and finish while I go back home.»

«Will you be in the dorm when we return?»

«Yes.»

«Promise?»

«Yes, I promise.»

«Fine, I'll arrange a car.»

He left the room and Maya stood for a second, just looking at herself in the mirror. She quickly turned away from the image that she had hated for so many years. It didn't matter how many people said they liked her, and even proved it. Everything she had built was quickly torn down when she experienced negativity like this. It his so close when it was someone she was close to, someone she had begun loving. She had known she shouldn't, he had been disgusted with her from the very beginning. She was so stupid to let her heart even go in this direction. She didn't need to. She had gotten so much from the others, she didn't need his love. So why did it hurt so badly?

Seonghwa followed her to the car, hugged her, and made her promise to text him as soon as she got back home.

«Please don't worry,» she smiled, but it wasn't reassuring whatsoever.