MLP OC: Nightshade

Gender: Male

Kind: 70% Earth Pony, 30% Zebra

Residence: An island on the outskirts of Maretime Bay

Occupation: Alchemist, Chef

Appearance: Nightshade is a rather tall stallion, and he has an aubergine-colored coat with midnight-black stripes, nightshade-violet fetlocks, and midnight-black hooves. His wavy, flowing mane and tail are both dark-teal in color, and his piercing eyes are forest-green. He usually wears a garland construed of a variety of different edible flowers.

Cutie Mark: A moonstone-colored flower with a crescent moon (the alchemical symbol for silver) in the center

Personality: Nightshade is a kind, caring, and intelligent stallion who happily offers food to others and will readily use his potions for the benefit of other creatures. He usually keeps to himself, only leaving his island when his "Shady Sense" tells him that somepony (or any creature) needs help.

Likes: Helping others, kindness, selflessness, his plant-growing powers, alchemy, coming up with new recipes, feeding the hungry, being alone

Dislikes: Drowning creatures, selfishness, harmful potions, sick ponies (or any creatures) not having anypony (anyone) to take care of them

Relationships: Misty Brightdawn- When Misty got sick with a stomach bug and got sent away by Opaline, Nightshade sensed it and immediately got her to his island cabin for treatment.

Zipp Storm- Due to Nightshade's mysterious nature, the tomboyish detective was slightly suspicious of him when they first met.

Pipp Petals- Nightshade enjoys helping the pink pop princess in using alchemy for her beauty products, even if he isn't much of a fan of cosmetics himself.

Sunny Starscout- Nightshade's enigmatic persona has left Sunny quite curious about him.

Izzy Moonbow- The two have become rather close, with the alchemist finding the perky unicorn's artwork to be "quite unique and expressive."

Hitch Trailblazer- As soon as the two stallions met face-to-face, Hitch immediately showed Nightshade a printed agreement promising not to cause any damage or harm, which Nightshade compliantly agreed to sign.

Dahlia- Upon noticing the flower seller's stand, Nightshade decided to give her some business by buying some lilies from her stand... before pinning one of them in her scarf and telling her that they're "almost as lovely as the pony selling them." This left Dahlia both touched and flattered.

Skills: Cooking, making potions (especially of the medicinal variety), intelligence, Earth Pony magic, Shady Sense (it detects when someone is in need of his help), swimming

Trivia: -In the series, he'd be voiced by Ian Hanlin.

-Nightshade is the reincarnation of Zecora (by whom his character is inspired).