Trolls OC Tribe: Goth

Appearance: Goth Trolls generally tend to resemble Pop/Rock Trolls, except they usually have monochrome, darkly-colored, or pastel hair and skin tones, as well as lightly-colored eyes. They also have slightly sharper teeth and commonly wear dark eye makeup (including the boys).

Sexual Dimorphism- Female Goth Trolls have eyeliner-like eyelashes, and they tend to be shorter (with the exception of Queen Umbra) and more prone to developing pastel colors.

Juveniles- Young Goth Trolls are born with monochrome bodies and develop their colors as they get older.

Known Members: Queen Umbra (leader), Prince Onyx and Princess Ophelia (TrollsTopian ambassador(s)), Shady

Culture: Social Structure- The Goth Trolls are ruled by a monarchy.

Music- Their music is pretty much half-rock, half-classical, all with some elements of gloom and/or darkness.

Behavior- Goth Trolls can be either bubbly or gloomy. Either way, they tend to be very shy when interacting with other Trolls and can be violent when threatened. They share a rather dark and morbid view on the world. Despite their isolation, they're actually quite open-minded about Trolls who are different, with some Goth Trolls actually being rather curious about the other tribes out there. Common interjections for them include "Oh my Goth!" and "For darkness' sake!"

Record Keeping- Many recordings of the tribe's past has either been destroyed or gone missing.

Technology- It depends on which isle you're visiting, but the one with the ruling family has steampunk-based technology.

Habitat- The Goth tribe lives upon the Isles of Darkness, which are surrounded by the Black Sea (named for its color). The individual isles each have a different style, but one thing's for sure- you'll see lots of black and white all throughout (along with some gray).

Diet- Goth Trolls are historically skilled hunters, meaning that a good part of their diet consists of meat. They also incorporate "blood" (beetroot gravy) into quite a few of their dishes (such as sausages and stews), but that's kept a secret from the other tribes (they'd probably get grossed out). That said, the Goth Trolls also eat vegetation such as blood oranges, blackberries, beets, dark greens, black cherries, cauliflower, and garlic (with black garlic considered a delicacy), as well as dark breads, black rice, and dark chocolate.

Holidays & Events- Cold Comfort (their equivalent of Christmas), Spirituum Praeterita (a festival dedicated to contacting spirits and honoring the deceased), etc.

Tribal Abilities: Due to their having evolved as hunters, Goth Trolls possess heightened senses, including natural night vision, as well as being immune to all poisons/venom/toxins. They're also extremely adept at cloaking themselves in the shadows and using their hair to camouflage themselves.

Tactics- They're highly skilled with weapons and setting up traps.

Intelligence- In addition to accumulated hunting knowledge (including information about critters), the Goth Trolls are also quite well-versed in literature and commonly practice alchemy. Latin is considered a customary language due to there being several languages with Latin roots.

History: Back when the main 6 Troll tribes were united with their strings, a Hard Rock Troll named Slash and a Classical Troll named Aurora fell in love and conceived a child named Desdemona. However, when the Pop Trolls caused the great tribal division, Slash and Aurora were torn apart, leaving their daughter behind. Little did either of them know that Desdemona would end up creating her own tribe...

Over the time of their development, the Goth tribe would keep themselves totally isolated upon the Isles of Darkness... until one day, when Queen Barb rolled in and told Queen Umbra about TrollsTopia. This left the Goth queen rather intrigued and curious, so she decided to send her daughter and son out to go see what all the fuss was about.

Influences: The idea of Goth Trolls coming in pastel colors came from Pastel Goth, and the setting of their kingdom is based on Gothic Romanticism, Victorian Goth, and Steampunk Goth.

Trivia: -Their color of representation would be black (obviously).

-None of the Trolls would know of the Goth tribe's Classical-Hard Rock origins (including the Goth Trolls themselves) until Onyx and Ophelia hear the Classical tragedy of Slash and Aurora.

-Their neighborhood in TrollsTopia would be an enormous, spooky-looking old oak tree, which they'd call "Goth Wood."

-There are some rumors that Goth Trolls are vampires who eat their young. They don't.

-Trolls of royal Goth blood are prone to involuntarily extending/intensifying certain seasons in whichever region they reside.