Honey can be obtained by cutting down trees in the forest on the island. Although the chance is not high, Liang Xianyue spends half a day cutting down trees, but he can still get two or three pieces of honeycomb honey, which is not very economical to eat. The cut wood just happened to be taken out for burning, and the family had to burn the kang every day to make the kang hot. With the current temperature, there is no need to turn on the coal boiler for the time being. I am afraid that it will be difficult to get coal in the future. Liang Xianyue's family thought Keep saving.

Hawthorn can also be used to make candied haws. Liang Xianyue picked the biggest and reddest ones, washed them and removed the core to prepare candied haws. The first pot of rock sugar was not boiled well, the transparent shell that should have been wrapped around the hawthorn was whitish in color, and the taste was a bit sandy, and it was only later that I gradually found the way. But Liang Xianyue didn't try to make more. She felt sorry for Bingtang, and thought about saving some good hawthorns to make candied haws during the Chinese New Year, and don't eat too much now.

The kang at home was burning all day long, and it would be a waste if you didn't stew something. The big iron pot happened to be big enough to hold a whole duck. Liang Xianyue said that he wanted to eat sour radish and duck soup, and both Zhen Min and Liang Kangshi agreed.

Liang Kangshi went to slaughter a duck. The first batch of ducks raised had already grown very big. They ate small fish and shrimps in the fish pond every day. The ducks were fat and strong, and their skin was shiny. Liang Xianyue had long wanted to attack them.

This time it was a male duck, the first batch of ducks was only six in total, and the three female ducks had to keep their eggs. The salted duck eggs that Liang Xianyue often ate in the morning were thanks to them. The male duck ate one before, and now there are two left. These two male ducks have completed their historical mission, and Liang Xianyue has a group of ducklings. Now the ducklings have grown to the size of adult ducks. , these two male ducks of the previous generation should also retire with honor.

Zhen Min quickly took out the internal organs of the duck, washed the duck repeatedly, and chopped it into large pieces with a small axe. First put the duck pieces into boiling water and add cooking wine to blanch the water to remove the fishy smell, then pick it up and pour out the water with blood foam, and then you can directly stew the duck.

The duck is relatively fire-resistant. It is first stewed with other onions, ginger, star anise, and cinnamon for an hour, and then the pickled radish made by Zhen Min is simmered for two hours. You can also add some side dishes according to the fire resistance of the ingredients. In addition to the radishes, Liang Xianyue added half of her own pickled sauerkraut, some kelp and sliced ​​winter melon.

Liang Xianyue got a pack of lotus seeds with shells before. After cultivation, they successfully germinated and transplanted them in the fish pond. Now they have grown a lot of lotus leaves, but the time is still short. If you want to eat lotus roots, at least It takes two or three years for these lotus to grow vigorously before they can take root in the mud of the fish pond. Otherwise, we can add another lotus root to the soup today as a side dish.

Liang Kangshi lifted the pot several times to add side dishes, and the sour aroma from the pot filled the whole kitchen. Liang Kangshi hurriedly poured side dishes into the pot and quickly covered the pot.

"It's so fragrant, I don't dare to open the windows to ventilate the air, for fear that the neighbors will smell it." Liang Kang said with lingering fear, "It would be great if it was stewed on the island, so don't be so frightened. Tell me, if someone comes What should we do when we visit the house?"

Zhen Min gave him a look: "The pot on the island is not big enough to stew a whole duck, and besides, the stewed duck in the iron pot tastes better than those electric pots, isn't it you? The stolen duck must be treated like a thief."