66

I have a portable island [scourge]

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 66: Entering Winter

The weather is getting colder day by day, and it has already dropped below minus 20 degrees, but the temperature did not drop suddenly, but dropped slowly, and there was no snowfall as heavy as last year.

Liang Kangshi said that this year is a drought year, and it is normal that there is no snow in winter. There is no heavy snow to block the road, but it is much more convenient. For example, some people in Liangjia Village haven't saved enough wood for the winter, and they thought they had to go up the mountain under the heavy snow like last year. However, although the water turned into ice outside, there was no snow falling, which made them very happy.

The pregnant female rabbit brought back by Ji Mingcen gave birth to six cubs, and they are now kept in one of the rooms in the house. Liang Xianyue gave him a big iron cage in her own house. When she went to see the little rabbit, she went into that small room and saw the iron cage on one side and piles of Ji Mingcen's section on the other. Time to mow back the hay.

Raising rabbits in the house will smell, but Ji Mingcen cleans up diligently, and the smell is still tolerable. Lactating female rabbits need nutrition. Ji Mingcen often gives her some steamed pumpkins, and Liang Xianyue also sends some soybeans. These are foods that are helpful for lactating female rabbits.

Liang Xianyue is looking forward to the development and expansion of Ji Mingcen's rabbit farm. Although he can often eat fish and occasionally kill a chicken if he is hungry, red meat is different from other meats. Liang Xianyue is now I am very greedy for pork, and I regret not raising a piglet in the space.

But she just thought about it, even if she was allowed to go back to the past, she would probably make the same choice and not easily raise pigs. In a place as big as the island, and there is no shortage of feed, it is easy to raise a pig, but slaughtering is a very professional job, and Liang Xianyue can kill a chicken. With such a big pig in front of them, no one in their family can butcher it.

The last time I went to the mountains to bring back several special products, the hazelnuts were simply smashed open the shell and eaten. The hazelnuts that Liang Xianyue had just picked from the tree had a lot of water in them. They were spread out in the yard of the island and then smashed open after they were dried in the sun. They were all stored in a large transparent jar. When they are not completely dried, Liang Xianyue will pick up a few when passing by and smash them open to taste. At this time, the hazelnut kernels have a lot of water, and the taste is a bit like fresh lotus seeds, but the taste is more mellow, and you can taste a little sweetness.

Acorns are dried and ground into acorn powder. Acorn powder will become very viscous when heated with water. It can be made into acorn powder when it is poured into a mold. It is also called acorn tofu. In fact, it is just a cube shape formed by solidification. Just like tofu, it has nothing to do with traditional tofu.

Liang Xianyue tried to make some tastes, acorn tofu was easy to make, but she didn't know whether to use the method of cooking tofu next, so she tasted it again, and felt that the taste is also very good now, simply cold eat it. The taste is really good, delicate and smooth, especially refreshing. If it is eaten in summer, it is also a good dish for relieving summer heat.

Hawthorn is the most numerous of these specialties that Liang Xianyue brought back. Both hazelnuts and acorns have shells, and the weight immediately shrinks a lot after being broken open. The hawthorn is the real thing. It's cold these days, so Liang Xianyue replaced the water in the vacuum flask with honey hawthorn water, which is sweet and sour, especially delicious.