Now in Liangjia Village, those who can raise livestock are the envy of the neighbors. After a long winter and a flood, the chickens, ducks, and pigs that every household used to raise at least one kind have almost disappeared.

In winter, livestock can be kept at home. When the flood comes, people can save themselves. These livestock are either drowned or swept away. But I heard that some villages were less affected by the disaster, and many chickens and ducks are still alive. Those who want to buy chicks will wait until next year.

When Liang Xianyue was wandering in the village, he often heard people complain that the chickens he had worked so hard to raise all winter were washed away by the water.

"If I knew it earlier, I would have killed it and eaten it!" When they said this, they looked sad.

Although Liang Xianyue was unable to know the situation in the city like everyone else, she had been listening to news from other cities on the radio these days.

She knows that except for the northwest and southwest regions with higher terrain, most parts of the country are now shrouded in the shadow of flood disasters. Roads and railways were seriously damaged by geological disasters.

However, the floods in the plains have been lingering for a long time, and some rivers have also ushered in the opening period due to the sudden rise in temperature. The ice layer broken on the water surface is carried by the water flow, and accumulates in the narrow part of the river, forming Lingxun, resulting in The water level rose even more significantly, and the water basin was filled with vast ocean.

From this point of view, due to its special geographical location, Ancheng was far less affected by this large-scale flood than other cities. There are mostly hills with little ups and downs, close to the sea, easy to drain, and there are no rivers with large flows nearby.

However, good luck is accompanied by misfortune. Without big rivers, there will be severe water shortages in the future when faced with drought.

———

A few days later, the weather was still sunny every day, as clear as a piece of blue cardboard, occasionally a few thin white clouds drifted by.

One day a big event happened in the village. Someone shouted that he saw a dead wolf in the village and told everyone to go and see.

Of course, Liang Xianyue would not let go of this commotion, she couldn't rest assured that the bob-tailed wolf that had eaten people would not die. Although there has been no news of this wolf for several months, there is a high probability that it has returned to the deep mountains. But in the next cold winter when there is no food, it is still possible to go down the mountain and attack the village.

The crowd surrounded the dead "wolf" from three layers to the outside. As soon as Liang Xianyue squeezed to the outermost layer, he heard someone shouting: "This is not a wolf, this is a dog! You misunderstood It's gone!"

The person who found it argued, "Look how much it looks like a wolf, except that the tail is not broken, it's not the wolf that came to kill people in our village. Maybe there are other wolves in the back mountain, washed down to death by the flood It's in our village."

Liang Xianyue finally squeezed to the front, and saw that the animal on the ground really looked like a wolf, but it was smaller.

A more knowledgeable person pointed out: "Isn't this a wolf dog? It should be a wolf dog. I saw someone raised it. The wolves in our area are not of this color. Broken-tailed wolves, and other wolves that were killed, They are all gray, and this one is whitish and blue, and its adult size is still so small, it is a wolf dog."