Mahiru Hiragi I My problem solver

Magsimula sa umpisa

We both wanted to get to know each others culture and thought that it was the best way to use food as a beginning.

"No, you need to use a bit more strength to kneat the dough." I demonstrated it and gave her a nod of encouragement. We worked a bit in silence and listened to the sizzle of meat.

"Y/n?" A hum escaped my throat.

"I told you that I wanted to study in another country, right?" I hummed again while taking some potatoes.

"One college gave me permission to study there. It is a 10-hour flight away from here." I stopped cutting the potato and froze for a second before I turned around to look at her.

"I am happy. Is it your dream college?" My voice was perhaps a bit blank, but how do you partly lie to someone without a hint of your true emotions?

I mean, I am really happy that one of her dreams will come true and that our relationship doesn't stand in her way to fulfill those dreams, but I was sad nevertheless. I was aware of the fact that she wanted to get away from her family and the whole chaos here. She didn't want to join the army right after school like Guren and Sinya. I wasn't sure if I wanted that myself.

"Don't lie to me." She grew sad, and her voice was a lot quieter than usual.

"Sweetheart, I don't lie to you. I am really happy that you fulfill your dreams, but I am also a bit sad. It will be a hard time, but we will make it through it."

I engulfed her in a hug and pulled her close to me.

She let a breath of relief escape her body and sank against me.

"Did you think that I would be mad?"

Mahiru shook her head and held me closer.

"No, but I didn't want to see your sad facial expression. You will support me no matter what, but it will be hard, and that was the first step to admitting that we'll have to part in a few weeks."

"It will be alright."

Weeks or months can be over within one wink. It got clear once I stood with Mahiru at the airport to let her 'fly with her own wings'. I was scared, and she was too, besides being excited and nervous, of course.

"Well, I guess it's time for you to go."

My face was hidden in her hair while I memorized every detail of her. Her scent smelt like flowers, her shiny eyes. Everything.

"I don't want to. Can you take me home again, please?" She gave me a puppy look, but I shook my head.

"You would regret it, and I would too. We see each other in a few months anyway. We can do it." I gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead and caressed her cheek one more time.

"I love you so much, Y/n." She stood on her toes to give me a last kiss. It was gentle and bittersweet.

"I love you, too. I will wait until the plane is in the air, okay?"

Mahiru sometimes liked to overthink everything, so we agreed that I would stay at the airport for emergency cases.

Her little sister and the rest of her friends and family already said goodbye to her to let us have the last moments alone.

"You're so perfect."

She hugged me one last time and pressed a kiss on my cheek before she went to the security section.

Mahiru stopped in front of a corner, turned around, and waved at me for the last time before she disappeared. There were no emergency cases, and so I drove home after my girlfriend confirmed through a text message that everything was fine.