29: Until The Heaven Falls

It was quite a warm morning at the cemetery. Under this lovely sunlight, stood a group of people sniffing and hugging one another as they let go their loved one. It had always been a sad scene. Losing someone and never would be able to see them again was heartbreaking. But that was life; it bounded to happen that way.

Death might separated the live and the corpse but somehow, they'd still live in your heart. They'd still be there- forever.

Two ladies walked hand in hand with confident steps toward the certain tomb. One of them- the taller one held a bouquet of white rose's- her best friend's favorite flower. Her other hand tighten her grip on the latter's hand protectively. Somewhat scared that the angel of death might took her away from her. It didn't make any sense but she just had to do it.

You felt Jennie's thumb stroked the back of your hand, calming you. You gave her a quick weak smile as you kept on walking. You had promised him to bring Jennie with you. So here you was, standing before Jaehyun's gravestone with Jennie.

"Hey buddy," you put the flowers on top of the grass. "I- oh... I-" you glanced at the black dressed people.

You gulped hard. You didn't know what had come over you to be so overly sensitive today. You have visited this place more than you could count and seeing people crying because they lost their close ones isn't new for you.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Jennie's voice came out in gentle tone, concerned.

"Yeah," you shook your head to clear up your mind. You squeezed your companion's hand lightly, assuring her.

"As promised, I brought Jennie with me. What do you think of her?" A soft wind blew.

"I know you'd think she's pretty," you chuckled a bit. "Wait," you gestured Jennie to sit at the cold cement. "It's not that I'm crazy or something, it's just that- this is how I communicate with him. You know I talk, he's dead but I know he's listening. I mean I don't know how, it doesn't make any sense but he must be listening- I mean he's-" you rambled.

"Y/n," Jennie stopped you. "I get it," she soothed you. "May I talk with him too?"

"Yeah, sure," you nodded.

"Hey Jae," she could feel the wind fondled her face, she smiled. "How are you? We all are good here, I hope you are well too. Y/n told me a lot about you, some good, some bad," she giggled. "One thing for sure, though. Y/n adores you very much. You know her longer than I do, you certainly know how rare that is, right?"

They spent more than half hour talking and laughing with the wind. Y/n proudly told him that they were engaged and the talk about marriage date was on its way. They bid their goodbye as Jennie bowed a bit before joined Y/n.

You started your car when you felt Jennie's hand on your thigh. You turned to her with a confused look upon your face.

"I wish I got to know him."

Your memory flew back to a few years ago at this very place when you was the one whom standing, struggling so hard holding back your tears as the coffin downgraded to the dugouts with a broken arm and crushed heart.

Jaehyun was the brother you never had. They weren't blood related, they weren't childhood friends or anything, but he was your protector, your enemy, your ally, your rival- your best friend. Losing him caused your drown in the weakest point that ever happened in your life. He was a great company. Unfortunately, he was gone too soon.

"Me too," you mumbled. "Me too."

-

It was weird when you recived a text from Seulgi where she was asking you to meet her in her apartment. But nonetheless you agreed.