6: Irresponsible

You pull your car in front of the law firm and turn off the car.

"Wait here," You said to Jennie before getting out of the car. You covered your head with your hand and run over to the car trunk to get the umbrella. You knocked on Jennie's side door and told her to get out.

"What are you doing" Jennie shouted at you. But you didn't answer her. You helped her to get under the roof first before closing the umbrella.

"Are you ok?" You asked with your concerning voice.

"You didn't had to do it. Now your clothes are all wet and you have a meeting in two hours" Jennie said while looking at your wet blazer.

"Well, it's ok. I can't let you walk with your heels in hurry to get to the entrance. Also, I have a great immune system I'm not gonna get caught a cold easily"

"You are so stubborn you know that?"

"You keep remembering me that. How I can even forget"

"Come to my office for a while. I will make you tea or something"

You didn't deny the offer cause you were too freezing to argue so you nodded your head. Entering the place you get rid of your damped blazer. Jennie's office was on the fourth floor. Her assistant greeted both of you as you two passed by.

You observed the place. There was brownish leather completed with matching table's colour, plants here and there. The desk was awfully neat and the smell of that place was like Jennie.

"Hang your blazer there I will be back soon. Make yourself comfortable anywhere you want to" Jennie said before leaving you alone in her office.

You took a seat on the sofa. It was cosy. You comfortably sat there and closed your eyes. You were tired of all of the stuff happening in the company but your mind was at peace right now. This place made you feel secure. Just like your current home with Jennie.

"Y/n" Jennie nudge your shoulder. You heavily open your one eye.

"Wake you Y/n. You are gonna be late for your meeting and the tea is getting cold" You heavily groaned before sitting.

"Did I fall asleep?" You ask as if you wasn't sleeping some moments ago.

"Yeah. For half an hour. It's nine-thirty now. Drink this up" She handed you the cup.

"Why you didn't wake me up?" you asked while taking a sip from the cup.

"The rain has stopped already. The traffic isn't gonna be that bad anymore" how could Jennie have woken you up when you look so deep and cute while sleeping.

"When you are gonna get going? I mean when are you gonna finish up?" You asked while finishing the tea. It made you feel refreshed.

"Maybe one or two. If the day work slow"

"Ok call me. I will pick you up. I don't know if I'm gonna end up surviving that meeting without falling asleep"

"You really don't have to. I will take a cab or ask Lisa or Irene to drop me" Jennie argued.

"Nah. I drop you here so I'm gonna pick you up. No more argument" You said while taking your blazer from the stand but Jennie stop you while giving you her coat from one of her drawers.

"Take mine. Yours is still wet"

"You store clothes lady?"

"Shut up and wear it"

"But it's maybe gonna be small for me" You look at her and then at the coat. And indeed it looked smaller than yours.

"Still it's better than your damped wet blazer wear this and go away"