9: Black Dress

You both were walking side-by-side in the market. Finding things for tonight's dinner.

You were holding bags in one hand and on the other hand, you were trying to light up a cigarette. On the other hand, Jennie was finding things for the perfect dinner.

"Maybe this is enough" Jennie turned around to look at you and saw you struggling with the bags and your cigarette. She took some bags from your hand before looking at you.

"Let's go home. Y/n" Jennie walks towards the car parking lot.

"Nini, can we take a nap before cooking?" You asked while looking at Jennie and yawned.

"You wanna sleep with me? You said we" That caught you off guard.

"No!" These days teasing each other has been totally fun for both of you. Maybe the response from the other made it funnier but the teasing had made the other's heart beat faster than normal each time.

"I- I mean I will take a nap in my bed in my bedroom" You blurted while taking a water bottle from the fridge. You could hear Jennie's laugh from the behind.

"Wake me up before start cooking I will help you" You left the living room while walking towards your bedroom. You gulped down the water from the bottle and place the empty bottle on the nightstand and lay on the bed. You covered your face with the pillow beside you to calm down your racing heart.

"Why you are messing up with my head Jennie"

"Why you are doing this?"

"Keep yourself together Y/N! She is a mere stranger who happened to live with you for more than a month only. She is a stranger only no one else. She's not worth it. She isn't worth for another heartbreak. She is just being poliet. Yeah, poliet." You keep chanting this as a mantra over and over again. Until it became a mumble and slowly you start dazing to sleep. You did the best thing you always do. Ignore the thing until you can.

You woke up cause of some sudden knock sounds on your door. You opened your eyes slowly and look at the door to see Jennie's small head peeking through a small space between the door and looking at you.

"You awake?"

"Maybe," You said while rubbing your eyes and sitting up on the bed.

"You can sleep more if you want to"

"Ah- no I'm fine. I will just take a shower then join you" You got down from your bed and drag your feet towards the attached bathroom in your room.

After taking a quick shower you wear a Black tee with white cargo pants. You put your phone in your pants pocket and walk into the kitchen. Delicious smoke greets your nose. Jennie with her pink apron and high ponytail was busy chopping the meat.

"What I can do to help Jennie?"

"Hey, ah.. actually you can cut the fruits for the dessert"

"It's easy peasy," You thought it was an easy job.

It was amazing that Jennie can cook at the same time can keep the kitchen clean and here you are merely knowing any kitchen work.

"Y/n! What you are doing. You are wasting too much" Jennie approached you from the other side of the kitchen.

"Imma teach you how to do it" She grabs the knife from your hand slowly cut pill the melon and cuts it kinda.

"Look, it's how you cut fruits"

"Okay okay. I get it. Now, lemme finish this in peace. Shoo" Jennie laughed at your antics.

"I don't know if you are twenty-six or sixteen" You looked at your back and saw her in the oven stirring the soup.