25: As You Are

Tw: mention of self harm

"Do I look good?" You adjusted your shirt for hundredth times now.

"You look really good sweetheart, now stop" Jennie put on her earrings. "You will be end up messing it up. Now come on, we gonna be late" She pecks your lips as she grabbed her handbag and took your hand in hers, marched their way out.

They were driving to Jennie's college reunion that held in one of the famous hotel in the city. Too much for Jennie's annoyance, you were home late again. They were suppose to leave half an hour ago but you had to fill up the tank and now they were stuck in the traffic.

"It's Sunday, of course the traffic would be bad," You said to yourself. "Have you tried to call Lisa? Has it started already?"

"It started fifteen minutes ago," Jennie stared at her phone waiting for her phone to reply her other messages.

"I'm sorry." You glanced at the passenger side.

"It's okay, I understand." You increased the volume of the music to ease Jennie out.

Catchy melody from an old song heaved through the speaker.

"O is for the only one I see," You sang teasingly at her, making her giggled. "V is very, very extraordinary. Sing with me, Nini!"

"Love was made for me and you," Jennie did the chorus and laughed by their silliness.

You was relieved the atmosphere backed to normal again. You kissed the back of Jennie's hand and attached it on your cheek, intoxicated by her fragrant perfume.

They arrived at the destination thirteen minutes later. You gave her car key to the valet. You held Jennie's hand as Jennie wrote her name in guest book. They got a cute small brown bear as souvenir.

Jennie greeted all people she recognized. She also introduced you as her other half to them. You casually chattered with Jennie's friend as if they were your friends too. You wasn't a chitchat person to begin with, you did that only for Jennie's sake. Tonight was important to her, since you already ruined it by made her late, being a sociable plus one was the least you could do.

Lisa and Irene were there too.

Jennie hugged both of them whilst you fairly exchanging warn smile towards them.

Gathering wasn't your thing. It was hard for you to keep the conversation engrossed with people who you knew, moreover to strangers. For that you never liked to attend any kind of ball party or stuffs.

You patted Jennie's bare shoulder as you told her that you'd go hunting for food. Jennie merely nodded then resumed her prattle animatedly with the girl with red hair who proved to be her first year roommate.

"So I hear that Jennie Kim is dating a girl now," You stopped your fork that was full with some chocolate muffin you was about to eat in midair. "Apparently, she's a normal work. Good evening, Ms. Park Y/n."

You turned to your back finding a smug, fat breaded man standing before you. You tilted your head, contemplating how to reacted towards this dinosaurs.

"You know, I never know that she would be okay with it- you I mean," he insolently pointed at you, making you frowned. "Since a normal office worker is obviously doesn't have that much money," he flicked his tongue and sipped his drink slowly. "I wonder how you keep things up with her needs, if you know what I mean," he winked. "Those bags are pretty. Oh! Look at these shoes, so eye catching!" He made disgusting voice, mocking Jennie.

You clenched your jaw. Your fist was more than ready to punch this scumbag.

"He's not worth it," Jennie, out of nowhere whispered to your ear as she soothed your hand gently. "Let's go." she nudge you, silently pleading not to draw more attention.