19: We Will Be Okay

Jennie offered a bowl of ice cream in front of you. You rejected it saying, you aren't hungry.

"Ice cream can always cheer you up" Jennie took a spoon of it and juxtaposed it near your lips asking you to open your mouth.

You shook your head.

Jennie felt rejected but put her unaffected face nevertheless. She sighed and put the bowl on the table.

"Can we just talk bout what happened?" You spoke emotionlessly.

Jennie sighed inwardly. Small talk wouldn't have any function at the moment. She had figured it out though, your personality was always straight on the point rather than going around the bush to break the ice.

"What you saw the other day isn't like what you think" She started. "He is just a friend of mine and there is nothing going between us"

"A friend who is apparently so excited because you finally accepted to go to a dinner with him?" You snorted sarcastically.

"Y/n, can you not do that?"

"Do what?"

"Scoffing like that. It's like you have a built a wall and no matter what I say isn't going to make any difference. You haven't heard the rest of the story"

"Do I really need to know?" You threw your arms in the air desperately. You stood up from the couch feeling overwhelmed by the confusion and frustration. You rubbed your face and messaged your neck slowly.

You sighed loudly.

"I fall in love with this woman a long time ago" You gulped. "One day, she introduced me to this friend of hers. Saying, he is a brother like to her" You chuckled as you shook your head.

"Who would have thought I will witness them having sex in the bed, I had brought using my money from two months later on the day that I was supposed to ask her to marry me"

Jennie gasped at your words. You gritted your teeths.

"She wasn't even aware of my presence that day, too busy with her own pleasure to notice me standing in the doorway with my betrayed feelings. We never said goodbyes. I asked my friend to move away my stuff from that place. She didn't even look out for me. No asking around, nothing" You shrugged.

"She is always been the 'it' girl. Where me and my friends stayed at the low. I was also surprised when she asked me out at first, to be honest. No one knew who I'm. I'm not a perfect person to be with. I have flaws and I make a lot of mistakes. One of them is the fact I'm handling a big company like that. Time is such a short thing for me to give her"

Well, at least I guess she finally gets what she wants, to get rid of me. She's free and that's what is important to her, hurting me is just the way she had to do to make her wish come true faster" Your lips trembling-trying hard to hold yourself together.

"Sad, isn't it?" You laughed and then your eyes meet Jennie's. You saw no pity whatsoever, there was only genuine care that gleaming from Jennie's eyes. Jennie moved painfully slow as she approached you.

"Am I really not worth-"

A kiss on your lips silenced you.

You froze.

Jennie had been staring at your lips on daily basis and wondered how soft they will feel on hers. Your lips were so kissable and she unconsciously licked her own at the sight.

She had dropped hints here and there about taking their physical contact to the next level, she didn't know either you are so dense or being so careful. She really wanted to kiss you but at the same time, she was so shy to initiate it.