20: Dreams

You quietly keep tapping the wooden table top while glancing at the clock on your desk every minute. Every passing minute is making you lose hope.

Maybe Jennie is busy. Maybe she forgot to bring food today. Maybe-

A sudden knock makes you come out of your thinking ocean. You very well knew that it was not Jennie cause she doesn't knock so you cleared your throat before shouting a 'come in' and waiting for the person to enter.

You weren't even amazed when you saw Tzuyu came inside with a black file in her hands. You smiled at her as she give it back to you.

"So here is the file you will be needing in five minutes. I don't even want to be in the same room with those old uncles." You chuckled hearing Tzuyu complaining and opened the file she gave you. You nodded while rechecking all the details.

"And.. she didn't come yet?" Ah. Here we go again. Tzuyu knows very well bout Jennie. She is coming here every day since the day she dragged you out of here to give you lunch but suddenly she didn't come yet today.

"Maybe she is busy with her work. I don't wanna disturb her anyways" You got up from the swivel chair and wore your grey coat and took the file from the desk.

"Gotta go now. You can take a nap if you want 'cause you don't have anything else to do" Tzuyu hit your shoulder before getting out of the room while laughing.

You entered the meeting room and saw everyone is already there. You sat on your chair.

"We can start now"

-

Jennie parked her car hastily. Before getting out of it not before grabbing the lunch she had made in the home for you two. She was a bit late today or more like an hour late cause of a sudden meeting she had to attend and like always her boss didn't even mention it before. She is late today for the first time in two months.

She cursed under her breath and quickly locked her car before entering the tall building. She rushed towards the elevator nearly falling cause of her fast pace. She punched down your floor's number and waited patiently there while catching her breath.

Ding

When the elevator opened, she walked out of it and greeted Tzuyu over the way. She and Tzuyu became friends the first time they talked.

"Hey, Tzuyu" She walked towards your office door with only you on her mind.

"Hey Jenni, oh wait. Ms. Park isn't there right now. She is in the fifth floors meeting room for a meeting. Apparently her Jenjen was late" Tzuyu gave Jennie a teasing smile. "You can wait inside if you want"

"Oh no. It's okay, I will just meet her." Nodding her head Jennie walked back towards the elevator.

Tzuyu doesn't even tried to stop her. Cause she knew who is the real boss here.

Jennie walked through the fifth floor aisle while people were looking at her already knowing who is she. Some people gave her a smile when she glanced.

Opening the door of the meeting room, she stayed at the doorframe and was met with pin-drop silence as everyone stared at her. She looked at the back of your head cause you were looking at the presentation.

Noticing the silence you looked at your back to see who caused it.

The moment your eyes met Jennie's she let out her gummy smile.

But soon the smile dropped when she saw you pouting.

Everyone gasped at the sight of you pouting. Cause your image is exactly different from the sight of yours right now. But it was all unnoticed by you as you watched Jennie.