13: Very first Photo

"Nini" The tall girl enters the condo. "I'm home" You shouted wanting to see the cat-eyed girl. You hung your grey coat on the couch even though Jennie has said to not do it but you care less.

The girl you were longing to see for some hours since you left home was in the kitchen doing something. More like baking something.

"What you are doing?" You looked at Jennie curiously. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail but some hair was scattered around her face. She was wearing an apron and it was kinda messing with white powder. And you got it was flour cause she doesn't do drugs or things.

"You making a cake?" You stepped into the kitchen still wearing your office clothes.

"You aren't supposed to come back early" Jennie had her hands on her hip with pouting lips.

"Why?" You took a pinch of cream.

"Hey!" It was too late to stop you as you already tasted it.

Unconsciously a smile crept to your lips seeing her small figure wearing the apron with her messy hair and pouty lips. The apron was kinda bigger than her.

"Is that mine?" You pointed at the blue apron she was wearing and saw her nodding.

"It does taste good!" You were bout to take some cream but a hand slapped away your hands.

"You ruin my cake" Jennie looked at the decoration before looking at you.

"I didn't ruin it, I just tasted it if you had added some poison or not" You explained to her with a mischievous look on your face. "What's the occasion anyway"

"Your birthday" Jennie pulled out a tray of freshly baked biscuits from the oven. Unaware of the fact that you were standing there with a shocked expression.

"You spoil your own birthday surprise" Nonchalantly Jennie said. Seeing there was no reaction from you she stopped in her tracks and faced you.

"Something wrong?" She saw you looking blankly at the cake.

"You don't celebrate your birthday right?" Jennie was instantly disappointed. Her effort was for nothing. She forgets the day she tried to gift you on a certain day. She thought you will be thrilled to know that she know one of the most important days of your life but it was a mistake. A big mistake. Suddenly, the memory of you being cold on the valentine's day rushed to her mind.

You looked up from the cake to stare at the brown orb eyes in front of you smiling at her. The bond between you two whatever it is growing up. There is something between the bickering and annoying each other. You both had accepted it with hearts wide open cause you both knew there is no stepping back.

"Well, I don't use to celebrate but maybe start over again... Doesn't hurt right?"

"So... You don't have any problem with the cake?" Jennie was still cautious with her words.

"I will even give you more time if you haven't prepared a gift for me. Look, how nice I'm" You laughed. "No, no, no. You don't have to prepare any gift or anything. The cake is enough, Thank you." You gave her a sincere smile.

Jennie sighed in relief. The last thing she wanted it you distanced yourself for some stupid reason.

"Can I help you with that?" You asked while pointing at the cookies.

"If you plan to eat all of them, Then no just go back and do something"

"Can I just taste a little bit?" You showed her a pout.

"No" Jennie answered shortly.

"Old grandma" You muttered under your breath.

"I heard that"