Mission accomplished

Disclaimer: teen wolf does not belong to me in any way, shape or form. Thank you so much for the continued support, it means more than you could ever know ;)  Lots of original content here :)

A sleepover at Lydia Martin's house wasn't exactly at the top of Kayla's wish list but life was full of curve balls right?

Lydia was mainly silent in the car, her knees pulled to her chest as she stared blearily out the window, watching the world go by and Kayla just stayed quiet as she drove, tapping her fingers along to a tune she hummed under her breath.

In all these weeks, Kayla had never seen Lydia so reserved and quiet and it was a little unnerving. Normally the strawberry blonde was full on and opinionated, chipper and upbeat with an undertone of judgement, but there was none of that now. If anything, it was like she was a completely different person entirely.

She pulled into Lydia's driveway, slowing to a stop just opposite the front door and switched off the engine, sitting back in her seat and glancing at Lydia who made no effort to move.

"Uh... Lydia. You're home"

She watched her friend blink a couple of times, peeling her forehead off the glass as she looked around in confusion, taking a few seconds to register the familiar scenery.

"Right. Home..."

Luckily the awkward silence was broken by a screech of Lydia's name, a woman who Kayla assumed was Lydia's mom throwing open the front door and hurrying down the concrete steps, rushing forward in her high heels to open the car door and bend down quickly to engulf Lydia in a hug.

"I'm okay mom" Lydia said, but her voice was flat, still seeped in shock, "I just want to rest"

"Oh honey..." the woman muttered, soothing Lydia's hair as her gaze fell on Kayla over her daughters shoulder, shooting her a grateful smile.

"You must be Kayla" she deduced, "I'm Natalie Martin. It's so nice to finally meet you"

Kayla was a little thrown by the apparent familiarity Natalie Martin had for her, wondering why Lydia would talk to her mom about her. She didn't seem the type to discuss her loyal lackies.

"Uh... you too" Kayla plastered a smile on her face, hoping now Lydia was back with her mom that she would forget the whole 'sleepover' thing, "so, I'm just gonna-"

"Kayla's staying over" Lydia said very matter of factly, her tone leaving no room for argument with more emotion than she's had all night, escaping her mom's grasp, "come on Kayla"

Damn it.

She resisted a sigh, following Lydia out the car and up the steps to her house, her mom hurrying after them with the incessant clip clop of her heels.

"Can I get you girls anything? A hot chocolate... some cookies... maybe more blankets?"

"No, mom" Lydia sighed, appearing exhausted with her moms faffing, trying to dismiss her before Kayla could indulge in the glorious idea of cookies, "we're good. Honestly"