Guess who's back, back again

Disclaimer: Teen wolf is not mine in any way, shape or form :(
Anyways, this is officially the rewrite of I'm no werewolf, first published January 13th, 2014 on fanfiction under the pen name TW-addict (7 1/2 years ago omg) and I was only like 16/17 at the time and I feel my writing has (hopefully) come a long way since then so I have decided to rewrite the book and then maybe the others so there's less typos and cringey ness and hopefully a better build up (and overall flow) :) the story will mainly remain the same, but there will be more expansion and development and maybe small changes in characters/character interactions/relationships etc... (and probably a more snarky Kayla- haha) I sure hope you all enjoy this new rewrite.

Here she sat, idly twidling her thumbs as she rolled her head back to stare at the ceiling above her head, letting out another frustrated sigh. She had been sitting here in this rather confining, dull looking office for the past half hour and no one had bothered to turn up to give her the schedule or even tell her anything about what she was doing, hence, the frustrated boredom.

'Typical half assed, under funded school' she thought bitterly, the sound of her teeth continually sinking into a piece of bubble gum filling the room, occasionally blowing a blue bubble from her lips and watching it pop in amusement.

She was glad to be away from Louisiana, having gone through hell and back this last year, but she did wonder why her mom had chosen to return to Beacon Hills of all places. It was nothing but a curse for their family... a curse that had followed them to Louisiana and torn away her dad and brother from her too. Beacon Hills, on the outside, a quiet and unsuspecting town but, in reality, a place filled with nothing but death and disaster for anyone even slightly supernaturally inclined.

She snorted to herself... maybe that's why her mom chose it. She was human, she was safe, her only 'crime' was marrying a werewolf. If any hunters came after her, she was fine. Maybe that's why her mom didn't see Beacon Hills as a threat, but Kayla did. How could she not? The people - the family - she had lost, all because they were supernatural, was sickening.

So here she was, unable to argue. Her mom had basically ordered her to get her shit together, pack her bags and get going. Their house sold quick. Of course it did. A beautiful five bedroom house with balconies and a pool, the most beautiful winding staircase you ever did see and a grandesque feeling vibrating from the walls. She was sad to see it go, but maybe it was for the best. Her dad had spent countless hours redecorating each corner of the house, knocking walls down and building new ones, creating the perfect home for their family... but ever since he died, her brother along with him, it never did feel like home again.

In the space of twenty four hours she was forced to say goodbye to her friends, pack what she needed on the back of a loading truck, throw away what she didn't want to keep and catch a long draining flight with her mom across country to a town she hadn't been back to in, what, six years?

Yeah, no wonder she was bitter.

But, as her mom had oh so kindly reminded her, several times in fact, she wasn't in a position to argue. Not after her behaviour for the last year.

Yeah, because acting out was totally unexpected. What a god damn shocker. But, whatever.

"Sorry to keep you waiting miss... Hale" The principle greeted, slipping into the office and taking a seat opposite her on the desk, glancing down at his paperwork and seeming a little shocked at her name. After all, the Hales did have a bit of a reputation and she was sure she would too, soon enough. In fact, it would be an honour.

"It's no problem" She said blandly, her voice void of any emotion as she sat up a little straighter, extending her hand to him because, as her mom had drilled into her, 'first impressions matter' - pffft, yeah, whatever.