Anchor

Disclaimer: Teen wolf does not belong to me in any way, shape or form – sadly. And thanks the amazing reviews and support. It truly means the world and I hope you like this next installment :)

"What the hell Kayla!"

For a brief second she did stop, looking down at her fist in surprise.

Why the hell had she just punched Derek? She had thought about it a lot because, c'mon, it was Derek after all, but she had never actually followed through on it. Well... maybe once or twice, but he had been tolerable enough lately that she hadn't felt that urge in at least a few days.

Though as soon as that rational thought crossed her mind it had gone, wiped away with all her will power and self control, looking back up at Derek and beginning to stalk towards him.

"Kayla... stop it right now" he growled, taking a few steps back as he realised what was going on, "It's the Alpha, he's messing with you"

His words didn't resonate with her at all, too hyper focused on taking him out. 'Derek is ruining everything', she thought fiercely, 'he's being a pest, a nuisance - he should be helping me get revenge, not plotting against me'

Her thoughts, not her own, were full of rage, darkening her beliefs.

"Kayla, I don't want to hurt you" Derek warned, his eyes flashing blue as he allowed his claws to elongate from the tips of his fingers and, although making himself dangerous and menacing, there was hesitancy in his gaze, holding himself back.

She didn't care. She found herself letting out an ear piercing, half crazed scream filled with fury, lunging towards him and knocking into him at such a force they both tumbled back to the tarmac. Her hands, curled into fists, was beating on his chest and face, wanting nothing but to tear him apart and draw blood. Pinning him below her, unleashing fury like she had never felt below on him.

He was trying to speak to her, to snap her from the Alphas delusions that were infiltrating and poisoning her mind but as her fists got more forceful he growled and reached out, grabbing her dainty wrists in his strong grip and threw her off him, sending her flying above his head and rolling painfully along the tarmac.

Her knees and elbows scraped across the hard ground, rolling to a stop. The hate she felt, however, fuelled her onwards, leaping to her feet and throwing herself at Derek again, her nails trying to slash at his neck and face. Acting out exactly what the Alpha wanted to do to all the others... seeking revenge.

He blocked her as best as he could without injuring her, trying to make her see reason but she was ruthless, no thought for either of their safety's as she suddenly raised a leg, kicking him square in his chest and sending him careening backwards into Stiles' jeep.

'This is it' she thought, advancing on Derek who was rubbing his chest in pain, 'this is it. Get Derek out the way and then get to Scott'

She was just a couple of feet away from Derek, ready to unleash hell and fury down on him when a sudden shout of her name pulled her from her red hot fury, suddenly feeling like she had been dunked in icy cold water.

She blinked slowly, looking around in confusion as Derek shot her a cautious glance, his eyes still a brilliant blue, unsure and untrusting of her actions.

"Kayla" Stiles shouted again, racing down the concrete steps with Scott, drawing her bewildered stare towards him, "what's going on?"

She was speechless, unable to explain why the last minute of her life had happened, a horrible feeling twisting her gut.

"The Alpha" Derek growled, "he's here. He's controlling her"

"Wha-how?" Stiles asked, both he and Scott skidding to a stop next to them, the two boys sending her vigilant look.