Sacrifice

Disclaimer: Teen wolf does not belong to me in any way, shape or form – all credit goes to Jeff Davis. I'm putting off doing my essays so, naturally, that's when the biggest inspiration for the next chapter hits haha. Hope you all enjoy this next instalment

"Who's coming?" Brian demanded, his tone sharp and furious, still throwing Stiles warning glares who simply narrowed his eyes back, cupping his nose that was bleeding.

"Someone trying to kill us" she snapped back, "what more details do you want?"

Brian's brilliant blue eyes, usually so confident and sharp, became a little unnerved at her words, like he was finally realising the importance of the situation. His stare flitted past her head to the doors behind, anxiously peering through the pane of glass.

"Who?" he asked, "who is it?" rolling up his shirt sleeves, like he thought his 'machoness' would be enough to save them despite the very obvious panic he was feeling, the build-up of sweat on his brow a dead giveaway.

"What?" he demanded when they all remained quiet and looked at him in varying amounts of disbelief, "we could take him" he insisted, leaning forward and smacking Scott's bicep, "c'mon McCall, what do you say?"

Stiles snorted before Scott could even reply, rubbing his bleeding nose one last time before dropping his hand and wiping it on his shirt, his distaste for Brian growing increasingly more evident.

"Got something to say, Stilinski?"

"Nothing your little brain could comprehend"

"Seriously" she exclaimed, having to step in front of Brian and slam her hands into his chest to stop him storming forwards, "quit it"

Another growl sounded from behind them, much closer than before, that same sickly eerie feeling returning to the pit of her stomach.

"That... that doesn't sound human" Brian muttered, "what the hell is going on here? What cult like activities are you freaks involved in?"

He wasn't worth replying to, but she knew his presence could cause more harm than good, especially with the discovery of the supernatural on the brink of being uncovered by none other than cocky, arrogant, blabbermouth Brian himself. Something that definitely wouldn't end well.

She turned to Scott, still acting as a buffer between a very visibly agitated Stiles and an annoyed Brian, keeping her voice hush as she leaned towards him.

"Lure him to the basement" she whispered, "trap him in the boiler room. Trust me" she added as he looked at her in disbelief, "it might not hold him for long, but it could give us a chance to get the hell out of here"

"And what are you going to do?"

She rolled her eyes at the words about to leave her lips, knowing she would probably live to regret it.

"Babysitting duties" she muttered, "he's the one person I wouldn't trust knowing about this"

Their whispered conversation was cut off again by another snarl, only feet away on the other side of the door.

"Go" she insisted, pushing Scott down the hallway and pointing at Stiles to follow him, grabbing a fistful of Brian's tee and yanking him in the other direction, much to Stiles' confusion and annoyance.

It wasn't the most brilliant plan she had come up with, but having Brian here complicated things. If he saw the Alpha, or even suspected anything 'otherworldly' or supernatural, she wouldn't trust him to keep the secret. He was a loose wire. As laid back as she was, she had to keep the supernatural under wraps. It was in everyone's best interest.