Try and not die

Disclaimer: teen wolf does not belong to me in any way shape or form - thank you for all your continued support and please keep reviewing :)

When she walked in the front door, shoes in hand, make up smudged under her eyes and hair fluffed into extreme curls she was immediately faced with her mothers wrath.

Standing there, arms folded across her chest, her black pant suit and slicked back hair making her chiselled face appear much more sharper and extreme was not a pleasant sight. She was clearly not happy, her eyes blazing with fury.

"Uh... hi" Kayla shut the door behind her, dropping her shoes by the rack, "guessing you haven't made breakfast today then?"

Her mom's lips thinned into a hard line, clearly channeling all her restraint to not hurl words of abuse at her.

"What did I say about going to that party?"

"Not to go"

"And what did you do?"

"Went to the party. Clearly" waving a hand down to her attire, "but not for reasons that you think"

"Oh really?" her mom scoffed in disbelief, "so that isn't alcohol you reek of?"

She sniffed the collar of her denim playsuit, "I don't smell that bad"

"You smell like a brewery"

Kayla scoffed, "don't be so dramatic"

"This is meant to be our fresh start" her mom began her rant, her heeled shoes beginning to tap the floor in frustration, "and not even a week here and you go off the rails - again"

"I'm not off the rails" Kayla groaned, "look, I was there to keep an eye on Scott. A new werewolf" she explained, "we were just making sure no one got hurt"

"And drinking too. God knows what else" her mom said sternly, "do I need to drive you to the pharmacy to get plan B?"

"Mom"

"What?" she shouted in response, her tone sharp and authoritative, like a drill sergeant, "I can't imagine this was a Christian gathering"

Kayla rolled her eyes, "nothing like a little slut shaming from your mother, huh? And no, of course I don't need plan B. I meant what I said. A better me"