Cut deep

Disclaimer: teen wolf does not belong to me in any way, shape or form - I promised a quick update and I have delivered :) because I would never leave you all on a cliffhanger... ;)

The pain she felt was all-consuming and sharp, cutting through her and down to her very core. Her vision darkening to obsolete black for what felt like hours, every ounce of energy getting sapped from her body.

This was something she had never experienced before. She had been in the worst depths of agony, but this was different. It was as if a part of her was dying...

... But also, as if something inside her was reawakening.

His teeth, sharp and unrelenting, remained embedded deep in her forearm, as if he was savouring the rush of power it gave him. His eyes, a deep glowing red, trained on her pained expression but showed no hint of sympathy. If anything, he seemed to enjoy it. Revelling in the obvious pain she was in but being unable to move or resist. Helpless to his bite.

Once her arm started to bleed, crimson blood dripping down her skin, he finally pulled back, smirking as she swayed.

"I've just given you the greatest gift of all" he purred, keeping her semi-steady on her feet by holding her wrist up, "now, you can be who you're meant to be..."

She didn't understand what he meant, trying to focus on him but his face was blurring in and out of focus, feeling on the verge of passing out. She tried to pull away, to get as far away from him as possible, but he was much stronger than her and just laughed at her feeble attempts to escape.

It was at that moment Derek, followed by Stiles, came charging down the corridor and Peter pulled her back against his chest, his clawed hand threateningly resting around the column of her throat.

"You" Derek hissed, his voice full of distaste.

"Me" Peter smirked, "It's been a long time, nephew".

"Let her go" Derek growled, holding out his arm to keep a panicked Stiles back, "now. I'm not going to ask twice".

"We're just reconnecting" Peter grinned, tightening his hand and causing her to gasp, desperately gripping at his arm wrapped around her body, "I figure that's my job as a doting father".

The shock on Derek's face told Kayla that he, too, was completely taken aback by that revelation, his unsure and disturbed eyes meeting her teary ones as she tried not to cry.

"Don't look so pained, Derek" Peter drawled out, "she's still your cousin. She just has a different parentage than originally thought. But, come on, isn't it obvious? She looks so much like me. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out".

No one said anything, too taken aback to muster up any words.

"Your mother just likes to keep it in the family" Peter smirked, leaning down to rest his head against hers as he whispered in her ear, "Beautiful Jody Jacobs... oh, what fun we had. She was begging for me, for more. Dear old John obviously couldn't hit the spot".

She felt nauseous, on the brink of sickness.

"And how mad he got when he found out" he continued, "of course, it was too late by then. You were already here. I was shunned, yet your whore of a mother was forgiven... does that sound fair to you, sweetheart?"

"Shut up" Derek interrupted Peter's bitter words, "Enough".

"I haven't even gotten started" Peter hissed, almost cutting off her breathing as he grabbed at her throat harder, "sixteen years I was shunned and disowned. Six years I was trapped in my own body. I'm just getting started".