Euphoria

Disclaimer: Teen wolf does not belong to me in any way shape or form :( A big thank youto all the readers and the continuous support you have all given me, it excites me more than you can know :) You're all superstars x

'Boyfriend'.

Huh.

For some reason, the word didn't feel as awkward now. Well, it did, but not in a 'puke in your mouth' kind of way. More like 'meh, I feel like a fifth grader' way, but okay.

She had just never had a proper boyfriend before. She had 'casual encounters' and people to flirt with when she wanted to blow off steam, but never committed to anyone because, holy fuck, that was scary. She never let herself get too deep because when things got deep things got messy.

Take Aiden for example... he was never really her boyfriend. They were together – sometimes – but it was just sex and fighting. So sure, he was her 'ex', but it wasn't like an official dating thing... they were just together. Ish. With lots of sex and violence and illicit drug taking.

So, this thing with Stiles was all brand-new territory and she knew it would take a lot of adapting to get used to it.

But she supposed 'boyfriend' wasn't too bad after all.

She sent him a small smile, finally feeling able to relax in his presence as, for some reason, he was the only one that didn't start acting like a dog and trying to – figuratively, or in this case it was, at times, quite literally – hump her leg.

She wondered what that was about.

"Stiles?" she asked, wrapping her arms around the back of her chair, "why are you not acting like a sleezeball?"

His eyebrows shot up, taken aback by that question that came out of nowhere.

"Uh... excuse me?"

"Every single guy I've gotten within two feet of has suddenly become ravenous and handsy. You seem fine".

"Oh" he wondered, "do you want me to get handsy?"

"Well, yeah, but that's not what I mean" she said, "you're acting like yourself around me".

"... Huh" he muttered, "that's weird".

"I don't get it" she sighed, "today has been a weird day".

Unbeknownst to her, when she said that, she didn't realise just how weird it would become.

"Miss Hale" the teacher's voice called out and she turned around, half expecting to get in trouble even though the class hadn't officially started yet, and seen the teacher put down the phone on the desk, "you're needed at reception".

"I'm needed at reception?" she asked, "for what?"

"I don't know dear; your dad just says it's an emergency, so you're excused".

Her dad...

She felt every ounce of blood drain from her face, the entire contents of her stomach seeming to drop to her toes as she swallowed nervously, her entire body suddenly on high alert.

Allison, in front, turned to face her in confusion at that statement, whereas Lydia, as bold as ever, just exclaimed "your dad? I thought your dad was dead".

But that would mean... Peter was here? Right now? At school? This was it... the beginning of the end. He was here, out of the shadows, to terrorise them until they either joined him or fell to him.

Stiles reached out, grabbing her arm before she could stand.

"Don't go" he whispered, frantically shaking his head, "it's not safe".