Crushing hard

Disclaimer: teen wolf does not belong to me in any way, shape or form :( thank you so much for the continued support and hope you enjoy.

Wednesday was uneventful, at least in Kayla's eyes.

She went to school, being the dutiful daughter her mom expected all the while hating the strict regime she felt controlled by.

She understood - to a degree - why her mom was so untrusting of her. Honestly, if she was in her mom's shoes she would probably be the same, but it didn't mean she had to like it. If anything, wasn't positive risk taking supposed to be encouraged? It wasn't like she was going to go off the deep end again. She was stronger than that now, more resilient. Didn't her mom see that? Didn't she see the effort she was putting in?

She had long since accepted the move to Beacon Hills. At this point, she wasn't even bitter about it anymore. She had come to terms with the change, with starting a fresh and leaving behind everything she had known.

She still missed home though.

She missed the way of life there.

The food, so flavoursome and plentiful, with spice and seasoning like no other. Fresh and locally sourced, with portions to feed an army. Here it was a lot plainer, mass produced and dry, and filled with chain restaurants. Not much sense of individuality.

The music and festivals was another thing that wasn't the same here in sunny California. The streets weren't lined with buskers or bands playing on the sidewalks or in the parks, nor did she hear of any festivals. Near enough every week back home there was a festivals full of Indy singers and bands, the kind that could last days and meant you had to camp out at it. She and her friends would often go on the weekend, sneaking in drink and smoking the odd spliff. But here? Non existent. The most they did was play some overused song from a pair of speakers.

Even the oppressing heat she found herself craving. The smothering humidity that made breathing hard and caused you to sweat through your clothes in minutes. It was different here, a lot more sun but less humidity, able to get a cool breeze.

Beacon Hills was a beautiful place, it really was. The scenery, the lakes... stunning. Not that far from the beach either, but back home... oh back home it was indescribable. Stunning bodies of water, beautiful old trees and incredible sunsets. Buildings full of history with many stories to tell.

It was home.

... Except now it wasn't.

So she settled for the cards she had drawn. Accepting her fate.

She spent Thursday after school getting back into running, carving a route around the preserve. She even ran all the way to the tops of the cliff at the lookout point overseeing the entirety of Beacon Hills, spending a while there and enjoying the peace and quiet.

It wasn't quite home beautiful... but it was beautiful none the less.

She enjoyed the tranquility of the outdoors, the bliss that it offered. Out here she didn't have to pretend. She could just be herself, not someone she was expected to be.

When the sky started to darken she headed home, not wanting her mom to blow her top, and spent the rest of her evening in the basement, setting up her gymnastic training equipment.

It was nothing special. Just a balance beam, a pommel horse and a bar, also setting up some weights and a salmon ladder, preferring to exercise more outside. Maybe getting back into this would give her something to focus on. A way to burn off some much needed energy.

By the time she sorted out the basement though it was nearing midnight so decided to head to bed.

What she didn't expect though was to get woken up before her alarm to someone clumsily climbing in her bedroom window.