Brian, thongs and perfect killing

Disclaimer: teen wolf does not belong to me in any way shape or form. So sorry for the delay in this chapter, I had a hectic schedule the last couple of months due to full time work and university but I'm done for the summer now and my muse has returned haha so thank you so much for your continued support and please keep reviewing, it really means the world, thank you :)

She had to admit, following the game on Saturday night and her run in with a Chris Argent, she was a little wary to do much on Sunday in case the supposed 'code' they were meant to follow was non existent.

She wouldn't be surprised. Anyone that could ruthlessly kill another, simply fuelled by their hatred for the supernatural, was someone without morals. For all she knew, they would set her house alight when her and her mom slept.

She spent the Sunday keeping a low profile, finishing unpacking and sorting her room and throwing a lick of paint on the bland walls, a gentle shade of sage green, reminding her of the soothing feel of the forest.

When waiting for the paint to dry she changed her bed, hung up some clothes and have the place a quick tidy. It wasn't anything special, just a large space completely void of any attachment but she wanted it to look as close to her room back home as possible, trying to find a way to make this transition more bearable.

So come midday, she changed into some denim shorts and a deep blue halter neck vest and took herself down to the local Walmart and picked up some oak rustic shelving with matching drawers, computer desk and a bedside table, throwing in her cart a few cactai plants - the only thing she could keep alive - and some translauscnet white net curtains instead of the heavy, old fashioned ones her mom had picked out. On the way to the checkout she noticed a cute little deep green velvet ottoman and put that on top of her cart too, throwing in some fairy lights and an unusual glowing moon light, finding the irony hilarious as she popped that in the cart too.

She stuck the 800 total on her credit card, shoving everything in her car but unfortunately it didn't all fit because, as usual, she went a tad overboard so knew she would have to call someone.

Her mom? Definitely not. That would involve her asking for a favour which her mom would no doubt turn down.

Derek... well, she wasn't even sure if Derek still had a phone, let alone knew how to use one correctly. She should probably teach him.

She could try Allison, but after her talk with Chris yesterday, she was hesitant to involve Allison in anything in case it came back to bite her in the ass.

She texted Lydia but she was out with Jackson and, clearly, not much else was going to fit in that shitty Porsche.

She was still a little annoyed and Scott and Stiles, at their obtuse behaviour that landed Derek in jail and their inability to see the dangers in being a werewolf.

There was a couple others she could call, people she knew from Lydia's circle of followers, but honestly? She didn't really care for them.

So that just left... Brian.

She groaned to herself, hating that he - out of all people - was her last resort. Scott, and even Stiles, seemed like a more appealing option in that moment of time.

She sucked up her pride, clicking on his contact and letting the phone ring and, within a couple seconds, it clicked to life.

"Kayla" Brian greeted cheerfully, an air of cockiness about him, "for what do I owe the pleasure?"

She resisted rolling her eyes, wishing that instead she had called Stiles. At least Stiles, although sometimes annoying, was bearable.

"You know what? Forget it" she snorted, just about to hang up the phone but the rev of an engine just behind her and she jumped, turning around to see - to her shock - Brian's car pull up next to her - honking obnoxiously as a form of greeting, leaning across the seats and grinning at her through the open window, his eyes glinting with mischief as he winked at her over the rim of his sunglasses.