Chapter 58

Rudra Shekhawat

6 Months later

It's been a really long time since we did this. I parked my car outside the entrance of Yogini's office building and waited for her to come down. Today was the last day before going on her maternity leave and there was nothing I could be more relieved about. 

I saw her exiting the building and I honked gently. She smiled brightly has she made her way towards me. I exited the car to open her car door but she already did that. 

"Oh finally" she sighed heavily, "Why are you outside, come sit let's go home" she said. I knew her irritated mood meant only one thing which wasn't a good sign for me. 

"Hi" I said with cautious. If I have learnt anything in these last few months is that to not mess with my wife when she is on her mood. Her PMS were fine as I only had to endure them for a few days but now this was a regular feat so I had adapted as well. 

"Shall we go somewhere out to eat" I asked hoping it would lift her mood. 

"Rudra please talk some sense" she said, "Do you really want me to go out like this, look at what I am wearing, my hair is a mess, my skin is so dry and you want to me to go out to eat, not happening" she finished. 

"A simple no would have been fine" I chuckled. 

"Stop being sassy" she refuted, "I need to give you a reason because when I would have said no in the beginning you would have asked me why that is why I am giving you a reason without you asking after questions" she said. 

"Okay I would zip it up" I said as I tried hard to not laugh. This was the side that I loved about her so much. She had no filter and I just love that about her. It almost felt as this pregnancy turned her personality into something else. 

'When are you getting home'

"Seems like Dhruv is still at home" I said. 

"Doesn't he have his own house to live at" she chuckles. 

"He has already been over for the past two weeks I am going to kick him today itself, he's starting to get on my nerves" I said as I made my way towards the basement of the building. 

"No don't do that, my only source of entertainment would be rendered useless then" she smiled slyly as I glared at her. I gave the keys to the driver to park the car and then took Yogini's bag and helped her out of the car. 

"I realised" she said as we entered the lift. 

"What" 

"That I might need actual help to get out of the car and it's not just you being courteous" she said thoughtfully. 

"Glad you observed that" I said. 

"What happened here" she said as soon as she entered the house. 

"Found it" Dhruv emerged from the back of the couch with a small sock in his hand. 

Currently we were standing in front of whole pile of baby clothes which neither Yogini or I were aware of. 

"Dhruv what is all this" Yogin asked as she left my hand and moved towards the pile and picking up some of them. 

"Well obviously they are clothes which I guess you failed to notice" 

"Yeah all reds and yellows" I asked as I stood next to Yogini. 

"Yes I was going for a more gender neutral theme" he explained

"That's besides the point" Yogini said, "Have you seen the price tags on these it's for 8,500" she gasped, "You paid 8,500 bucks for this much of cloth are you crazy"