Chapter 9

Yogini Anand

I had taken a shower and so did Jogi and we ordered some food and watched some TV. I told Jogi a little about masi and she seemed really excited to meet her.

Ting Ting. Just then the doorbell rang

"That must be her," I said to Jogi and went to open the door, "Oh wow masi you must have had a long day," I said and quickly took her bag, coat and car keys from her hand and she gave me a weird look, "We were just talking about you," I said and we entered the living room where Jogi was already standing. Masi looked at me questioningly and I mouthed 'Jogi', she nodded her head and looked at her from head to toe and at last smiled at her and I sighed in relief. 

"Namaste aunty" Jogi greeted her with folded hands. 

"Oh come here," masi said and hugged her, confusing me. My phone conversation with her didn't go that well and here she was hugging Jogi as if welcoming her as a family member. As masi was facing me I gave her a confused looked and she smiled at me. 

"Seems like you had dinner without me," she said as she saw empty food boxes.

"We were really hungry so we ordered something," I said. 

"Wow and now what am I supposed to eat," she said as she looked if we had left something, "What if we go to CP and have some ice cream" she suggested. 

"Oh yes we should definitely go there Jogi can see around the city as well" I added. 

"And we can shop something for you as well" Masi looked at Jogi brightly with affection. What happened to her I thought. 

"Okay let me change first and even you guys should change," she said and went to change her saree. 

"Jogi, come I'll give you some clothes," I said and quickly gave her some of my clothes and went to check on Masi. 

"What happened to you," I asked as soon as I entered her room. She was already dressed in a kurta and a palazzo and was putting some lotion on. 

"What do you mean" 

"The way you were acting with Jogi," I said, "On the phone, you were like you would literally be like one of those mean women and treat her really badly and then a really big mess would be created and then I would have like a fihg-" 

"Stop will you" she giggled, "We had a disagreement over you taking all the responsibility and adopting her and not understanding my concern for you," she said as she continued to put some perfume on her wrist. 

"I mean yes that thing as well so now all of a sudden why are you being so sympathetic and nice to her" 

"Because I have decided," she said as she finally turned towards me. 

"Decided what exactly," I asked her. I was uncertain as to what she had decided.

"That I would adopt her," she said and then started to wear her sandals as if nothing happened. I was dumbfounded and didn't know what to say. 

"Are you serious" I quickly kneeled in front of her. 

"Absolutely Yogi" she cupped my cheek, "You took a brave decision and it's fair for me as your only family to support you and be there for you when you need me the most" 

"Masi" I was so overwhelmed with emotions and didn't know what to do so I hugged her tightly.

"Oh," she grunted as she balanced herself, "You do know that I am getting old" she chuckled. 

"But are you serious," I asked her again.

"Yes definitely," she said, "Now will you go and get changed because I am starving" she complained and I quickly ran to my room to change my clothes.