Chapter 56

Yogini Anand

I felt drained when I woke up next. 

It was Rudra's and my bedroom. I inspected my surroundings and I saw an IV tube attached to me. 

I reached out for the side table clock. It was two in the morning. 

I looked at my IV tube and it seemed that it was attached recently as it was still half full. I got hold of my phone and dialled Rudra's number. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. 

"Where are you," I asked as soon as he picked up. 

"I am coming," he said and hung up. 

I could hear him climbing up the stairs and the urgency in his footsteps. 

I settled the pillows and rested my back. 

"Are you okay?" he asked as he sat next to me. 

"Is Jogi fine?" I asked ignoring his question. 

"She is," he said, "But I am asking about you" 

"I am fine," I said, "I am sorry I couldn't do anything I am sorry I really didn't have any other way I would have-" 

"Why didn't you tell me Yogini" 

"I am telling you that only Vikram he said that if I told anyone he would not let-" 

"Why did you not tell me you were pregnant," he said. 

"What are you talking about," I asked him in confusion. 

"These are your blood reports," he said as he gave me an envelope and I quickly opened it. 

Positive. 

"I-I" I didn't know what to say. 

"You didn't think of yourself, you didn't think about the baby what were you thinking" he sighed. 

"I didn't know, Rudra," I said suddenly as I leaned back and took a breath, "And even if I had known I would have still done the same thing" I refuted. 

"I know Yogini," he said as he sat next to me and cupped my face, "But you are the only one who matters to me the most and now that I know there is someone else" he gently placed his hand on my abdomen, "I can't risk anything now," he said and I leaned back. 

Just then there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," Rudra said. 

A doctor and a nurse walked in and Rudra stood up. 

"How are you feeling Mrs Shekhawat," the doctor asked. 

"Better," I said. 

She checked my vitals and removed the IV drip. 

"Mrs Shekhawat after a few days when you are feeling better you can come to the hospital and we can do an ultrasound just to make sure that everything is fine with the fetus" she concluded. 

"Can't we get done now, here" Rudra interjected. 

"There is nothing to worry Mr Shekhawat, the vitals look fine and I am sure the fetus is also fine she is just around 3-4 weeks so we will as it is not able to get a clear picture of the baby so we can't do much than to wait," she said, "For the time being I have prescribed some medicines for you Mrs Shekhawat and till then a complete bed rest until we have the ultrasound done" she smiled at me. 

"Sure doctor" I nodded my head. 

"Rana" Rudra signalled him and the doctor and the nurse followed him out. 

"You heard her, complete bed rest," he said. 

"And you do not have to repeat that" I chuckled. 

"Masi and maa are downstairs, I will send them up," he said and kissed my forehead. 

************************

Rudra Shekhawat

"Sir" my driver gave me a packet as I opened the door, "The medicines you asked for," he said and left. 

"Is she asleep?" I asked maa who came downstairs with an empty glass of water in her hand. 

"Not yet and if she doesn't want to then don't force her to do anything," she said. 

"Seems like for the last couple of hours all she did was complain to you" I chuckled. 

"Of course," she said, "You take a couple of days off from the office at least till the ultrasound is not done, everything is getting back on track and you need to get your relation with Yogini back on track," she said and hugged me. 

"Everything is back on track maa," I said. 

"Okay I will take your leave now you take care," she said and quickly left. 

I made my way upstairs and opened the bedroom door gently. 

"Agatha Christie might not be your best friend for the next few months," I said as I leaned on the doorframe. She was so immersed in the book as usual that she didn't pay any heed to me. I moved towards her side of the bed and gently grabbed the book from her hand. 

"Rudra" she whined, "Please just 5 minutes I just want to confirm who the murderer was" 

"Means you know who it is," I asked as I flipped through the pages. 

"I mean I have a hunch," she said. 

"5 minutes" I chuckled as I gave her the book. She quickly grabbed the book from my hand and flipped through the page. 

I rested my chin on her knee as she continued to skim through the pages. Her expression changed so drastically and she gasped lightly. 

"Did someone die?" I asked nonchalantly. 

"No" she scrunched her face as she read further. 

"Perhaps the hunch was wrong then" I chuckled. 

"Agatha Christie is perhaps the greatest mystery writer of all time," she said as she finally closed the book after 20 minutes, "What are you looking at" 

"That I probably married a psycho nerd" she narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Please"  

"You need to sleep now," I said and she adjusted her pillows. 

"And so do you," she said and laid down. 

It was after months that she was beside me and I was at peace. 

**************

Heyy hope you enjoyed that there are only a couple of chapters left so please bear with me and I will see you next time.