Chapter 30

Yogini Anand

I was leaving today for Tanot. And to be honest I was scared. I had said a lot of things that day in front of papa but now I am not sure. Rudra has assured me numerous times but now for some reason, I am not able to overcome that unpleasant feeling from within me. 

"Are you okay" Rudra held me in my place as he took my suitcase from my hand preventing me from tripping. 

"Yeah yeah I am fine," I said as I ran a hand through my hair, "I am just a little sleepy" I smiled at him weakly. 

"Go sleep," he said, "We will get going," he said and I went and sat on the passenger seat. We were starting our journey at 10 at night as we wanted to reach there by morning. 

Sleep was nowhere on my priority and there was no way that I would be sleeping at this point. 

"Yogi di try not to interact with any one of them in the village," Jogi said as she stood near my window. 

"I will have to talk to them, Jogi that is why I am going there" I chuckled. 

"But you know what I mean can you please be at least Rudra Bhaisa always so that they don't do anything," she said. 

"Okay anything else," I asked. 

"Yogi di please take it seriously, those people are very dangerous, especially the sarpanch," she said. 

"Jogi-" 

"Jogi don't worry I will get your sister back without any harm being done to her" Rudra chuckled as he sat on the driver seat. 

We bid our farewell and we soon hit the expressway. 

"You should sleep you know," Rudra said. 

"I can't" I sighed, "Do you want me to drive" 

"Yes please if you are not going to sleep" he chuckled and slowly parked the car on the right side of the highway. We quickly switched our seats and I started driving according to the GPS directions. 

We have been on the road for the past 4 hours and still, we had a long way to go. I saw Rudra sleeping. He didn't look comfortable at all but still, I did not want to disturb him. I pulled over and decided to wash my face so I could drive on a little longer. 

"Do you want me to drive" Rudra suddenly asked making me jump a little and I choked on my water. I started coughing violently. He rubbed my back to calm me down a little. 

I calmed a bit and rubbed my face as I sat on the pavement. 

"God you could have been a little more.... noiser" I said as I caught my breath. 

He chuckled and sat beside me on the pavement. 

"I think we should take a break" he said and pulled his phone out, "Let me find a hotel near by" he said and I looked at my watch. It was almost 4 in the morning and clearly neither of us were in a position to drive. 

"If we take a break or should we just go, it will get late to reach Tanot" I said but I wanted to delay it as much as possible but I wanted to get over with it as soon as possible. 

"I was thinking about delaying it by a few hours," he said and moved a little closer to me, "Maybe we can go there tomorrow," he said and kissed my forehead reassuringly. 

"We will just waste our time," I sighed. 

"Don't you want to take your time," he asked, "Yogini it's okay to take some time and prepare ourselves," he said and got up. 

"Let's go" he stretched his hand for me to take it and get up. I threw the car keys at him. 

"I thought you enjoyed driving" he chuckled. 

"I am tiiiirrreeedddd" I said as I dragged myself and sat in the passenger seat. 

We quickly drove towards the hotel which Rudra had found. 

HEYYYY. I know it is a very short chapter please forgive me, my college has started in offline mode from last week only so I am still adjusting to this new routine. I will try to update quickly and full chapter, but till then please vote and comment. I love to hear your views, till then bye take care and stay healthy.