Chapter 23

Yogini Anand

It has almost been a month since I had given the interview at VARF and today was my first day. I would want to think that I got the job solely due to my capabilities but I don't know to what extent it would be fair to think like that. 

Over the past month, I had a lot of great conversations with papa but still, that void that both of us feel is something that can't be filled in such a short period. Nothing much has changed except me thinking about someone particular all day long. My unemployment phase has surely made me feel that I do need something at all times to keep me occupied otherwise I would always be thinking about a man who would never feel anything for me in any way. 

Rudra was everything that I would want in my partner and yet I wasn't anything that he would want in his partner. Heck, I didn't even know if he would want to settle down or not. And even if he would want to why would he do that with me. I just did not want to have this one-sided crush but here we are thinking about my one-sided love. 

"Yogi are you ready," Masi asked as she came into my room. 

"Yep, almost," I said as I roughly combed my semi-dried hair. 

"Uff," she said and quickly took my comb in her hand, "I don't seem to understand why these young people can't comb their hair properly," she said as she carefully untangled my hair and made a middle part, "Here all good" she smiled at me through the mirror. 

"Thank you" I took my comb from her and kissed her forehead, "I am getting late and I haven't even booked my cab yet," I said as I quickly went out to wear my sandals. 

"Do you want me to book the cab for you?" she asked taking her phone. 

"No masi I will just take an auto, can't afford to get late today," I said. 

"Okay, don't forget to pick Jogi in the evening," she said. 

"Okay boss" I saluted her as I strapped my right foot sandal and started to leave. 

"All the best" she yelled. 

"Thank you" I yelled back at her. 

As soon as I made my way out of the door to the front porch I was attacked by the colony dogs that lived around the block as everyone in the colony loved to feed them. 

"Sorry guys I am getting late today," I said as I looked down at them and almost tripped on my left foot when someone quickly held me. 

"Woah easy there" I saw the least expected person there. 

"Rudra" I sighed. 

"And why do you have only one shoe on," he asked and quickly knelt to strap my left foot sandal. 

"Rudra I can help myself," I said as I tried to move but he was already done and looked up at me and stood in front of me. 

"Well, clearly" he chuckled and I noticed him. He was as always looking ready to make me go weak in my knees. He was as usual dressed in his business suit looking very handsome. I internally thanked my stars. 

"Wh-What are you doing here," I asked. 

"Well knowing you," he said and took my bag and my hand, "I knew you would get late so I coordinated with Jogi and came here to drop you to your office," he said and we made our way towards his black Mercedes parked just a few meters away. 

"You shouldn't have had taken the pain," I said and he opened the door for me to get in. I quickly sat in and so did he and the driver started driving. 

"Nervous," he asked. 

"A lot" I smiled nervously. 

"Don't be?" he said and lightly squeezed my knee.