Chapter 52

Yogini Anand

I waited for Mala Aunty and soon she arrived. 

I was sceptical if she knew anything. But I was wrong she knew everything, almost. 

"Rudra was around ten when his father's infidelity was exposed to the world.  His father decided to send him to Doon away from us and I think that is why he was so angry with all of us especially with me because I never tried to stop his father from doing that" she said as she sat across me, "And then came the summer vacations, god those were the nightmares, Rudra never used to say anything but he used to watch everything and somewhere feel really bad for all of it. Vikram and Dhruv were almost the same age still seeing his father prefer Vikram and taking him for the holidays and doing stuff like that made Rudra all the more angry" she sighed. 

"Rudra always was very protective when it came to us, he used to make sure Vikram and Dhruv would always try to get together as kids but Rudra made sure they never would. They were kids, he wasn't, kids don't know all this, they just knew they were brothers. Dhruv thought that just like he has Rudra, Vikram could also be his brother. And then once the company started having losses, his father called me to look after it, just like everytime. He used to create problems and expect us to solve it. But even I didn't had a choice, our resources were limited and I had to get the money fast so I took up the job" she explained. I didn't know what to say, there was nothing to say. 

"And then his father died" she scoffed, "And things went downhill from there. Media, press, Board of Directors everyone leeched on him, every single person. Even after his death all Ranvinder gave his son were problems and the mess that he had created and I don't blame Rudra having such negative perception of his father, Rudra did everything he could to get the company back on track and when he finally did Asha came back in the picture" she sighed. 

"I could never do anything for him, nut I somehow empathised with her. She went through the same fate just like I did, but Rudra never understood this. For him she was the other woman who had robbed him of everything and he could never look pass that and that is his truth" she came near me and held my hand, "He is very protective of you Yogi, and I should have thought about it before sending Asha to your house, it was all a mistake" she said. 

"I will not justify anything or try to conceal my son's mistake. He made a mistake and a big one there is no way that I would expect you to forgive him, but do think about him and his conditioning before you take any decision" I nodded and she squeeded my hand in a reassuring way. 

"I am not going to divorce him" I chuckled as I looked at her, "Whatever he did was in anger but I can't bring myself to forgive him, he shouldn't have done that," I confessed. 

"I know" she said as she laid my head on her shoulder, "But he is terribly guilty for it" she said.

"I need some time" I said. 

"Take you time" she smiled gently at me, "Let's have something" she clapped her hand, "Should we order something" she asked as she took out her phone. 

"Biryani" I exclaimed. 

"Your obsession is not healthy," she said and went ahead and ordered it anyway. 

***********

"God how much did you eat" I asked her as she served herself another portion. 

"I think I shouldn't be eating with you ever again. You have no limit whatsoever and looking at you even I over ate" she said and I looked at her accusingly. 

"You wound me" I said as I relaxed on the sofa and closed my eyes. 

"You know polar bears are generally like this" she said and pointed at me, "They eat and then they sleep" she chuckled. 

"Very funny" I said and continued to sleep. 

I didn't realise when I drifted to sleep but when I woke up there was a sticky note on my head. 

'I am leaving, the leftover biryani is in the fridge. Love Mom' 

I smiled at it and realised it was already 4 in the evening. 

Jogi was still not home. Maybe she went out with her friends after college. I decided to drop her a message. Maybe she messaged Masi. 

'When are you coming home' 

I quickly sent her the message. 

I got some work done and mailed stuff to Vijeyta ma'am. 

It was almost six and still there was no sign of Jogi or masi. Just then my phone rang. 

"Rudra" I sighed in relief. 

"That's a change" he said. 

"I have been trying to contact Jogi and masi but no one is picking up their phone" I said. 

"Yogini you do realise that doctors more often or not have a very busy schedule and as per Jogi, college kids are wild" he chuckled. 

"Yeah but-" just then I got a message it was from Masi, "Oh masi just messaged she just got out of an emergency surgery" I sighed, "And yeah you are right Jogi must be out with her friends she must be home soon" I told him. 

"Where are you" I asked him. 

"In the office" he said. 

"Still in the office" I asked looking at the clock. 

"There is no point in going back home it's just me and plus someone just tried to high-jack my company so.." he chuckled.  

I took his car keys that were on the table. 

"Okay then don't leave I will there in half-an-hour" I said. 

"Yogini wait, I will come you stay home" he said. 

"I am already out of the house and I have your car so I am coming" 

"Yogini-" before he could say anything I hung up. 

I had wronged Rudra and so did he. We might have difference but that shouldn't stop us from communicating about these things, I will not let anything ruin our relationship. 

Heyy there hope you enjoyed that and if you did then do vote and comment and I will see you next time.