Chapter 19

Yogini Anand

"Di I think you should go," Jogi said for the nth number of times. 

"Seriously Yogi" masi said as she sat beside me, "You have already sent the resignation letter just look at it as the farewell party and anyway you are the main hero here," she said. 

"Masi I don't want to go please don't force me, please," I said. 

"Okay fine but you will talk to Mala when she asks why you did not show up," she said. 

"I will" I smiled at her. 

"Anyway we are going to have good food ma," Jogi said high fi-ing Masi. 

"Sure sure but even I would cook delicious food for myself," I said as I stuck my tongue at her. 

Soon everyone left and it was my first official day as an unemployed person. 

It was hard to remember when was the last time I had this kind of time. Ever since I went to Canada I remember I was working only. First internships and then the full-time jobs. Took me years to finally be unemployed. But as masi says I can't stay still even for a minute and I need to constantly do stuff so I decided to update my Linkedin and look for suitable job opportunities. 

I even caught up on a few movies and Netflix shows. I made lunch for myself and took a nap. 

Ting Ting Ting. 

I was in the kitchen drinking water when the doorbell rang. 

Jogi was back home early I thought. 

I went and opened the door. A familiar man was standing in front of my door. 

"Yes," I said. 

"Ms Anand these are for you from Mr Shekhawat," he said and I finally remembered who he was. 

"Oh you are Mr Rakesh right," I asked. 

"Oh you remembered," he asked almost not expecting me to recognise him. 

"Of course you helped me so much with all the scholarship things how can I forget you," I said with a smile. 

"It was nothing I was just doing my job," he said being modest. 

"Oh please you did a lot so thank you so much," I said, "What are these," I asked looking at the nag that he had given me. 

"Mr Shekhawat has sent these for you for today's party," he said. 

"Oh," I said just that much, "Would you like to come in for some coffee" I offered politely. 

"No Ms Anand but I am in a little hurry I need to get Mr Shekhawat's tux delivered as well the new employees are just so careless that I can't rely on them today," he said. 

"Okay nice meeting you again Rakesh," I said and he made his way towards the black Mercedes parked outside and drove off. 

I took the parcel to my room and opened it and gasped. 

There was this beautiful black dress in mermaid style and was completely backless. It looked my size and was beautiful. Pity I won't get a chance to wear it. The next box had a beautiful diamond necklace. American diamond of course but it looked so good. Complimenting the dress beautifully. 

I contemplated whether I should tell Mr Shekhawat that I was not coming or just thank him. 

I opened my phone and saw a message from him already. It was from last night asking me if was okay or not. I quickly typed my reply and folded the dress and kept it inside the bag and in one corner of my room. I would later go to his office and return it to him.