Chapter 18

Rudra Shekhawat

"Mom" I saw her coming out of Yogini's house. 

"We should get going," she said and we drove back to the mansion. To my surprise, mom didn't say a word. 

"Rudra can we talk," she asked as soon as we entered the house. 

"Yeah sure" 

"Kamal please send two coffees to my study," she said and we made our way towards the study. 

"There has been some issue," she said. 

"What issues," I asked 

"Board of directors are more sceptical about Dhruv being the CEO," she said. 

"If they have a problem they should come straight to me and not talk behind my back and I don't understand what the problem is" I was frustrated over the whole issue why did everyone expect me to be the CEO forever. 

"I know Rudra, I understand okay, it's ju-" just then the door opened and Kamal brought us our coffee. 

"Thank Kamal," mom said and so did I and he left. 

"It's just that these people expect you to be the CEO because you are the elder one and now that the company is listed everyone is at power and we can't ignore anyone" 

"Mom you know that Dhruv is better, he got a better education and better everything I just have the experience and I know how things work, but he will get there," I said. 

"I know that Rudra and I trust you it's just that you have to talk to the board members and tell them, they won't understand unless you explain it to them" 

"Okay I will do it," I said and I was about to get up when she said. 

"I am done with you yet," she said and pulled out a paper. 

"What's that," I asked her. 

"About the things I need to talk to you," she said making me laugh, "Don't laugh at me boy, it's difficult to get a hold of you," she said. 

"So what's next on your list, mother," I asked as I took a sip of my coffee. 

"Asha called," she said, "You gave Vikram a desk job," she asked. 

"Firstly it's not a desk job," I said, "He will be on rounds from department to department and after that, I would decide if he deserves a post or not," I said. 

"Rudra please, don't create issues, as it is I don't want to get involved with that lady again just handle that boy as quickly as possible," she said and I nodded. 

"Are we done?" I asked.

"No" 

"What now" I sighed. 

"Yogini" 

"What about her," I asked her as I looked away. 

"I had never seen you so...... violent," she said, "You have always been that calm kid of mine," she chuckled as she ruffled my hair and sat on the armrest beside me, "What was it," she asked. 

"I don't know what took over me," I said, "He threw the plate at her and I didn't even see her if she was hurt I just, I just pounced on him," I said. 

"Were you angry at him or do you feel something for her?" she asked, a little hesitant. 

"I think both," I said after a little thought. 

"Hmm," she said and stood up, "So how intense is it" 

"Mom"

"You can tell me"