Chapter 51

Rudra Shekhawat

I dropped Yogini off and came back home. It was weird coming back to an empty house. For the past eight months, she was always there either waiting for me or me waiting for her and there was an anticipation that there would be someone tonight with whom I would be sharing my bed. But today it wasn't the case. 

It was almost 5 in the morning so there wasn't any point in going back to sleep. I decided to hit the home gym and go through all the voicemails piled up. 

I was on the treadmill and put my phone aside. 

"Bhai the raid just got over that at 10:40 pm. The income tax department has found a lot of stuff, cash, jewellery, illegal land documents the signed documents of us handing over the company and a lot of things like that. He is going in for a long term, and also just a piece of confidential information which you obviously might not be aware of someone leaked his swiss bank details and the department is flying out to seize the accounts. But Singh is currently fleeing and there is no sign of Vikram as well. Rana said he is looking into it" 

The voice note ended. 

The next one was from Rana which was sent to me around 2:30 in the morning. 

"I have the tech team on for tracking Singh and Vikram on the surface, but few of our trusted men are on the ground and combing all the possible locations they both can be at. He will contact someone sooner or later so we are hoping for that lead" the voice note ended. 

I stopped the treadmill and dailed Rana's number. 

"What is the status," I asked. 

"Rudra I know you aren't normal but can you at least let me live a little normal for a moment," he said. 

"You are sleeping," I asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah I was in underground all night, just came back a couple of hours ago," he said. 

"I need to talk to you about something important," I said and heard a woman's voice in the background, "Where are you," I asked him. 

"At my place," he said. It was a lie. Rana won't ever let a woman step into his apartment let alone into his bedroom. 

"What is it" he asked. 

"Where the hell is Singh and Vikram," I asked. 

"Exactly what I informed you on that call," he said, "Singh ran away and then somehow we lost track of Vikram as well" 

"Do you think someone within us is helping them?" I asked. 

"Could be a possibility," he said, "Our suspect is Veer Khandelwal from the tech team, before this he was a close associate with Singh so most probably he is helping him out or misleading us, I have my men behind him and we would have some solid information by noon" he informed. 

"So how long before we are able to get hold of both of them," I asked. 

"That I am not very sure, the police and people from the income tax department are also trying to find both of them so we will have to be careful, if we find them before we will take care of them," he said. 

"Right" I replied, "Have few people keep an eye on Yogini she is staying with her aunt right now," I said. 

"Why-" before he could ask anything I hung up. 

I didn't want anyone in the family to know about the Yogini and mines situation. It would create a lot of unnecessary attention which didn't require that much attention. 

I went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. It was an everyday ritual for me to make two cups of coffee but today I only took one cup and made myself some black coffee. 

I went to the living room and saw the front door open. Only two people had the key, Mom and Yogini. 

"Yogini" I called out. 

"Is Yogi not home" I heard mom ask as she came out of the study with a flower vase in her hand. 

"Mom what are you doing here," I asked her as I kept my coffee down and she hugged me. 

"Is my daughter-in-law not home?" she asked again. 

"Umm no, she's not home," I said as I sat on the table and so did she. 

"Where did she go so early in the morning," she asked.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning," I asked turning the topic. 

"I came to meet Asha but when I came here your housekeeper told me she went away last night only," she said, "Did something happen," she asked again. 

"Of course how can you even think of sending her here knowing very well that I can't tolerate that lady even for a second," I said. 

"Rudra I asked Yogini and her-" 

"Yogini isn't the only one who lives here" I stated. 

"Oh now I get it" she scoffed, "Is that the reason why Yogini isn't here," she said, "Did you ask her to leave" she questioned me. 

"I didn't ask her to leave," I said, "I don't want to talk about it can you please leave this topic," I said turning away from here. 

"You want me to leave a topic that affects your life so closely" she held my arm and made me turn towards her, "What is wrong with you," she asked and I told her everything leaving the part where I had to rush her to the ER last night. 

"So now what," she asked. 

"I don't know but if she wants some time to think I will not pressurise her into doing anything" I said. 

"You realise that you both should be on the same page" she said.

 "Of course, where is it written people who get married need to be on the same page," I asked. 

"It is supposed to be" 

"Really, even though you and Mr Shekhawat were on the same page why did you two got divorced" 

"Rudra" she yelled, "I don't want to hear a word. Whatever happened between your father and me was between us and I don't owe you an explanation" 

"Of course no one did, you shouldn't have had kids if you couldn't take responsibility for them," I said and stormed off the room. 

Yogini Anand

 "Yogini lock the door" masi called out. She was leaving for the hospital. 

"Yep," I said absent-mindedly as I typed away on my laptop. I had already taken a WFH this week so I decided to stay in anyway. I quickly locked the door and got down to my work. 

Vijeyta ma'am was a little sad that she had to take all the final interviews today along with the HR but I didn't care. Mansi and Rishabh were right she did exploit me a lot. Good thing now that we would have a larger team she would have more people to exploit. 

Just then my phone rang. 

It was Mala aunty. 

'Hello' 

'Hi Yogi are you home' she asked and I wasn't expecting that. 

'Umm are you coming over actually I would be leaving for the office so why don't I come and mee-' 

'I know you are at Maya's place' she sighed, 'Can I come over' she asked.

'Oh' she knew already, 'Yeah sure' I said.

'I will be there soon' she said and hung up.

Heyyy there hope you liked that and if you did then do vote and comment and I will see you next time.