Chapter 26

Yogini Anand

Today was the day when Rudra was going to Mumbai and I had to buy his gift too. There was just nothing that I came across that you be useful to him as he already had everything. Nevertheless, I wanted to give him something meaningful and useful. 

I quickly messaged him to have a safe flight and got ready for the office. 

I had a lot of work in the office today. And Rishab's and Mansi's words were true, Vijeyeta Ma'am gave a lot of work to me. But then it wasn't true that she didn't do any work or that she was cruel, it was just an extra masala that they had added. She was the sweetest person I came across. 

"Masi, I am leaving," I said and I left my room and entered the dining room. 

"When will you be back," she asked.

"The usual time, at 5 I guess," I said and I wore my coat. 

"Yogi I need to talk to you about something important," she said. 

"Okay masi we will talk in the evening then," I said and left. I took my car and drove to my destination. 

It was a normal day at work and it was almost lunchtime. I looked at my phone and realised that Rudra hadn't replied. His flight was at 2 and it was 1:30 only so I decided to quickly call him. 

Ring. Ring. Ri-.

"Hello" 

"Rudra," I said gently. 

"What happened are you okay," he asked in a worried tone. 

"Yeah, I am," I said getting a little confused, "Your flight is at 2 right," I asked. 

"Umm no," he said, "At the last minute my plane wasn't ready and there was some confusion so I booked a civilian flight it's at 2:30," he said. 

"Civilian" I chuckled, "You didn't reply to my message so I thought to call you and ask if everything was fine" 

"I did message you Yogini," he said. 

"Umm no I did not receive anything that is why I called you," I said. 

"Maybe there was some glitch," he said. 

"Maybe, so when will you be back," I asked. 

"Tomorrow by night," he said. 

"Oh okay" 

"Don't worry I will be back before the birthday," he said as if sensing my real intention behind asking that question. 

"Okay okay, I get it," I said as I lightly bit my lip trying to hide my smile. 

"Okay I think they are calling for the boarding thing, god I hate this," he said, "I'll talk to you late, I love you" 

"I love you too," I said and expected a reply back but then realised that my phone had switched off. Oh god, that was so abrupt. Uggh. But then it was good only I did not want to say my first 'I love you' on the phone. 

I quickly plugged my phone in the socket and prayed for it to turn back on quickly. I called Rudra once again but it was already out of the coverage area. He was probably in those check-ins where they had a back network signal. 

It was almost my lunchtime and I was already done with my target so I decided to get approval from Vijeyta ma'am. 

I slowly knocked on her door as I saw that she was talking to someone on the phone. She signalled me to come in and sit.