Chapter 13

Rudra Shekhawat

It was almost six when I finally got ready and was tieing my bow tie. I had my lunch with Mr Rathod and to be honest he was more excited to meet my 'date' rather than me and was disappointed when I showed up at lunch alone. I don't understand what was the big deal about the whole situation. And more importantly, he didn't understand when I said it was a one-sided thing. 

I took my phone from the table and went outside to take Yogini with me. To my surprise, she was already outside her room and what I figured, she was trying to lock her door. 

"May I," I asked almost startling her when she struggled to close it. 

"Yes please," she smiled and sighed. she quickly moved away and I jerked the door a little and just like that the door was closed. 

I turned to Yogini and for the first time, I saw her in the proper light. Though the lights were dim the shadow was perfectly falling on her face, giving her a very surreal look. My breath hitched and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked really good. 

"You look" I took a pause to process my words, "Really good" 

"You too don't look bad yourself, as well," she said while giving me one of her goofy smiles. 

"Shall we?" I asked as I extended my arm towards her and she took it and we made our way towards the party. 

Yogini had a calm exterior at the moment but being right next to her, her nervousness was radiating. 

Yogini Anand

I tried my level best to remain calm and composed but somehow my nervousness wasn't escaped from Mr Shekhawat's sharp observation. 

"Breath" he leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. 

"I can't" I whispered back. Despite being nervous as a cat I was still walking towards the main door of the party when I felt a slight tug. I looked back and saw Mr Shekhawat standing on his spot still holding my arm. 

I looked at him with uncertainty. 

"You can always choose to go back, you know that right," he said. 

"Well, it'll be very unprofessional on my side to jus-" 

"Unprofessional" he chuckled, "This is not a business deal," he continued. 

"But you drove me here and despite being my boss you have been very kind to me ignoring all my goof-ups so it would be very rude of me to leave now," I said while my head was still down looking at my painted nails which looked very fascinating to me. 

"Yogini" he sighed and gently lifted my face and looked directly into my eyes, "There was no goof up on your side" he chuckled slightly, "And no I am not your boss, for a brief moment, yes I was but not anymore, you can consider me as an acquaintance," he said. 

"A friend would be better" did I just friend-zoned him. I wanted the earth to swallow me now just then he laughed. Like a full hearty laugh. 

"If you say so," he said, "Now you don't need to feel nervous or anything they are just a bunch of rich snobbish people" 

"You being one of them" I giggled. 

"Very funny" he glared at me, "But seriously they are just here for drinks and if I must add for women and men," he said getting a little uncomfortable. 

"Is that all you rich people like?" I asked getting slightly awkward. 

"Don't need to include me in that category" he quickly retorted, "But this is just to assure you that you don't need to get nervous about anything" he gave my hand a gentle squeeze and I smiled at him. We linked our hands and made it inside the party hall.