Chapter 8

Rudra Shekhawat

Finally, after two days, I was back home. I shifted back to our family house a few months back. I had my own apartment but my mother forced me to move back into this house. Though my family lived here it still was never home to me. Some places just have some bad memories that can never be erased. 

"Bhai" I heard Dhruv calling, "You are back," he said as he took a seat in front of me on the couch. Just then Kamal came and gave me a glass of water and went away. 

"Anything regarding the solar project," I asked him.

"Them government doesn't know about the whole kidnapping thing so nothing to worry about," he said as he showed me the final contract, "Thank god you reached there on time otherwise god knows what that girl would have done" he sighed. 

"Rudra" I heard my mom. She was coming downstairs, "You just returned and you have already tangled yourself in your work again" she complained. 

"Yeah I would have not tangled myself in work only if your husband had done some work" I replied and my mother chuckled. 

"There is no point in blaming the dead" she smiled, "You should freshen up and eat something up first" she poured herself some water. 

"I need to go to the office right now Bhai," Dhruv said while looking at his phone, "Mom the investors are coming in the evening are you coming," he asked mom. Mom was also one of the board directors. 

"You go I will come in an hour," she said and Dhruv left. I got up to leave for my room and to get freshen up. 

"Rudra" Mom called and turned towards her. 

"Yeah mom"

"Did you think about what I had asked you?" she asked in an uncertain tone as if she knew my answer already. 

"No mom and do not wish to have any further discussion on this" I replied politely. 

"Rudra come on" she insisted, "Come sit here" she dragged me and made me sit on the couch again, "Look Rudra you are almost 31 and you need an anchor in your life" 

"Even you had an anchor what happened to that. He cheated on you and then fu*king died leaving us all behind, bankrupt and humiliated. Is that what you want me to do as well" I countered her. 

"You know what" she looked at me with a weird smile, "I am done with you, you take my own words and twist them against me only you are a very sly person Rudra" 

"Come on a businessman has to be a sly mom" I smirked at her. 

"Why do you have to get business in everything," she said, "Rudra I have seen you. Working all day and night and wherever the business is just because of you and Rana but I am not worried about Rana he will find someone for sure and then you will be the bachelor is that what you want" 

"Yeah yeah whatever" 

"Don't give me that attitude," she glared at me, "I am cursing you that you'll find someone and you'll fall for her so bad but she won't marry you" she pointed her finger at me. 

"Wow mom you are cursing your own blood" I scoffed at her. 

"Own blood" she scoffed, "Please" she got up and collected her things, "I need to leave and please you have some rest" I nodded at her and then she went away.  

I took a shower and decided to take a nap.  

**************

I woke up after 3 hours due to my constant ringing of the phone. It was my mother, again.