Chapter 42

Rudra Shekhawat

2 months later

It has been a week since Yogini and I got married. It was a small niche affair and we got married in Udaipur at Rathod uncle's farmhouse. It was a small gathering and only family and relatives were called. We returned the next day to Delhi and it had been nothing but bliss for me since then. It was still hard to believe every morning when I would wake up next to her. 

I reached our penthouse and it was all decorated with flowers. A small party was organised as we didn't invite many people to the wedding. They were mainly mom's friends who wanted to meet her new daughter-in-law. 

I saw mom's team of cooks who were busy preparing for the dinner. I went upstairs to the room and decided to take a shower and change. 

"Rudra I have told you hundred times to knock before entering the loo" Yogini said as she gasped catching my reflection in the mirror. 

"Oh ho I thought I would catch you with no clothes, but my bad luck" seemed like she had taken a shower and was getting ready for the party in her bathrobe. She glared at me and then started doing whatever she was applying in her eyes. 

"When did mom say she would be coming over," I asked her. 

"At 6 I guess," she said. 

"When did these cooks come over" 

"I don't know when I came back from the office they were already here," she said. 

"Okay now can you get out I need to take a shower," I said playfully. 

"Haaww I thought I could enjoy some show," she said as she turned towards me making me raise an eyebrow. 

"Okay then" I said and pulled herself towards me. 

"Rudra don-t" but to her no avail I had already turned on the shower drenching both of us. 

"I am going to kill you someday" 

**************

Yogini Anand

I was running super late all thanks to my husband. I had to shower again for not-so-obvious reasons and now I was almost half an hour behind my schedule. 

"Yogini you know these women they are more interested in wine and gossip rather than you," Rudra said as he pulled his kurta over his head. 

"Yes but technically I am the host and I should be later for this," I said as I hurried dashed along the closet looking for my stuff. I hurriedly did my make up roughly tied my saree just to finish it later. 

"Mom is the host and I think everyone would understand why you were late," he said as he tied his watch and smirked at me while looking through the mirror. 

"And that is what exactly I don't want these people to gossip about," I said as I wore my earings, "You know I came early so that I could get enough time to get ready, but you- all you have to do is take a shower wearing your clothes and you are done" 

"Oh really do you think that's all I did in the shower" he smirked and engulfed me in his arms from behind. 

"Okay we are done for the day let me get ready," I said and pushed him away. 

"You wound me" he kept his hand on his heart. 

"Can you please help me with these pleats?" 

Without a word, he kneeled in front of me and started tidying my pleats. This was established from day one that no matter what I can't wear a saree with perfection and I always needed help and Rudra always gladly stepped in to do the needful.