Chapter 40

Rudra Shekhawat

I gulped down the third glass of water as Yogini's masi stared me down. 

"Are you going to say something or not or are you here just to finish all our water?" she said and Jogi chuckled and I glared at her which made her instantly stop. 

"I was here as you know that-" I cleared my throat, "Ms Anand as you know I like your niece, and I would like to marry her," I said quickly. 

"Rudra I couldn't catch you quite clearer would you mind slowing down," she said. 

"Yeah I mean I was saying that-" 

"Mom do you think this is the person who makes a million-dollar deal each week and still can't say a word regarding the marriage proposal that he has brought," Jogi said and I glared at her. 

"I don't think so but you know sometimes people are more afraid to talk about marriage rather than their business" she replied with the same sass, "Rudra are you going to say anything or not," she asked as she looked at her watch, "I have a surgery lined up" 

"Yeah Yeah as I was saying-" 

"You weren't saying anything" Jogi interrupted me. 

"Jogi let him complete what he wants to say," Masi scolded her, "Say Rudra" 

"Ms Anand as you know I like Yogini and she likes me too so I just wanted to ask you for permission if I could ask her to marry me," I said. 

"Wow you are asking for the permission after proposing to her" she chuckled. 

"You know" 

"Well I must say Yogini is not as smart as you," she said as she eyed my hands, "She forgot to take off the ring last night and I saw it in the morning," she said and she stood from her seat and came and sat next to me.

"Rudra you don't have to do this," she said and held my hand, "If you can keep her happy there would be no problem with me," she said, "Now I need to go and get done with my work I will talk about all this with Maya later," she said and quickly escorted herself out. 

Wow, Yogini!

I heaved a sigh of relief. 

"You" I pointed my finger at Jogi. 

"I didn't say a thing did I," she quickly raised her hands in the air. 

"Someone should learn how to put fire in everyone's act," I said and stood up to leave. 

"If you want any help in proposing, let me help you" she yelled as I made my way outside the house and to my car. 

I quickly pulled my phone out and messaged Yogini. 

Yogini Anand

I was waiting in the waiting area for Mala aunty to get over with her meeting. A last-minute meeting came up and she had to take it so I decided to wait outside. 

Rudra being the lucky one quickly got over with talking to Masi in the morning but I decided to go in the evening as I had a presentation in the office today.  

I received a message from him reminding me that I had not taken off the ring and I had not. I had quickly taken it off when I was getting ready for the meeting. Luckily I hadn't met anyone known in the office because that enormous ring wasn't easy to hide. I had taken it off quickly before going into the presentation. 

I was nervously sitting here thinking about the conversation that would be taking place in the next couple of minutes. 

I saw people exiting her cabin.