Chapter 36

Rudra Shekhawat

"What do you mean," I asked my secretary Rakesh.

"Yes sir," he said hesitantly, "Mr Singh and your brother Mr Vikram have been plotting something"

"What did you hear from Mahesh tell that" Rana was getting irritated now.

"Yes sir, Mahesh, Mr Singh's driver heard him talking to Mr Vikram about overthrowing Mr Dhruv and wants Vikram to takeover," he said.

"When was this heard about," I said as I rubbed my forehead.

"Last Friday," he said.

"When you were in Tanot" Rana clarified.

"Thank you Rakesh," I said, "Make sure you get Mahesh to talk more and don't let him know you are talking to us," I said and he left.

"There are only problems, problems and problems" I sighed as I opened my laptop.

"Rudra don't mind it but I do not think making Dhruv the CEO was a good idea," Rana said and I raised my eyebrow at him, "Not that he is not capable but people still don't see him as the authority that they saw in you and that is why people like Singh are kind of looking for these opportunities. Dhruv has most of the signing rights but still, people feel they can exploit him" he sighed as he sat in front of me.

"What do you say should I talk to Dhruv about the sit-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was mom. I picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Rudra Asha is coming to your office and she somehow doesn't sound happy," she said and I looked at Rana.

"Did she say anything to you?" I asked.

"No and that is the worst," she said, "I will be coming to your office so don't worry," she said and hung up.

"What does she think" I frowned, "I can't handle that lady on my own," I asked.

"No," Rana said without looking up from his phone.

"Sir Ms Asha is here to meet you," Rakesh said through the intercom and I signalled him to send her in.

"Good luck with that," Rana said as she barged in.

"I see Rudra you still keep outsiders more close than the family," she said as she eyed Rana.

"Not outsiders, competent people," I said as I trained my eyes on her.

There has nothing changed about this lady. She is exactly how she was nineteen years ago. That fateful evening when she walked into our house and nothing was the same again. She along with her six-year-old son Vikram had come barging into our family house demanding my father to accept her and marry her to provide for her son. My parent's marriage was already in ruins but how could an eleven-year-old could have understood that. I blamed and hated my father for all of that. I never saw his face ever again until his death. He handed over his bankrupt company to me and at that time I saw the pride and confidence in his eyes that was there for me. He has said, 'it is your's to make' and handed me over the papers.

At that time Asha and her son had no problem and they kind of heaved a sigh of relief. But the company soon started taking shape and became successful and then she started eyeing the company even more.

"Yes everyone is competent other than your brother," she said and sat in front of me.

"No, I feel Dhruv is more competent than anyone else"

"Right Dhruv" she laughed dryly, "Vikram wasn't your brother ever, right Rudra"

There was no point in answering her. I never considered her or Vikram my family. It was just because of my mother that I did something for them occasionally. She felt they were equal victims as we were due to our father's mistake.