Chapter 7

Yogini Anand

Rana being the perfect gentleman volunteered to throw the rat far far far away from the lodge and Jogi being the total angel, note the sarcasm, was fast asleep on the bed. I didn't blame her, she was already very tired and it was understood. The receptionist quickly got our mattresses laid on the floor. 

"Are you sure there are no more rats here?" I asked the receptionist for the fifth time. 

"Yes madamji don't worry" he replied as he spread some sheets on the mattress. 

I had washed up and had changed into the spare minion's night suit that I had in my suitcase and was getting ready for bed. 

The receptionist left the room after laying the mattresses on which I lied down. 

I felt so good. The mattress was not too hard nor too soft and I was feeling so good. But still, at the back of my mind, I had this unsettling that there might be another rat in the room. I decided to inspect the whole room one last time. 

I stood up and checked every corner under the bed and the cupboards. 

"What are you doing," Mr Shekhawat asked as he got out of the bathroom. He had changed into a loose black coloured night suit like those rich people wear in movies and dramas. 

"I am just checking for one last time for any more....... pests" I replied. 

"Rats you mean"

"Do-Don't say that" he chuckled. Just then the doorbell rang and Mr Shekhawat went to open it and I continued to inspect around. 

"Did you get rid of it like far far away from here?" I asked Rana as soon as he got inside. 

"Yeah but I think it didn't want to leave you" he chuckled, "It took me some time to convince him to get out of the cage. You know he was asking me to take him back to you" 

"Very funny" I glared at him and went to lay down on my side of the bed. 

"I'll go and change" Rana chuckled and disappeared into the bathroom. 

I kept a pillow to my left side because that was where Mr Shekhawat was laying. Although the three mattresses were away from each other still felt better that way keeping a wall in between us. 

"Goodnight," I said in a low voice and didn't wait for any reply as I was too sleepy. Soon sleep consumed me. 

************************

Ting Ting Ting

It was a very faint sound but I knew it was my alarm. I quickly got up and in the process, I stumbled on the floor. Thank god I didn't bang my head against the bed. 

"Wha-" I heard Mr Shekhawat's voice. I quickly apologised and turned off my phone. 

I knew I won't be able to sleep again so I took my phone and went to the balcony. 

The morning view was really beautiful. The sky was still pink and the sun was rising. Although it was still the month of August it was a little chilly. I opened my phone and luckily there was an internet connection. I opened my WhatsApp and saw messages from the office, JT, Ria and masi. 

I forgot about her completely. I didn't even know how I would convince her or how I would explain the situation. She was a very rational lady despite that, she was pretty compulsive. I could literally see what goes around does actually comes around. Masi was only 30 when she decided to take me in when I was 15 and now that I am 27 I have decided to take in Jogi. 

My mother and Masi had a very strange relation despite having a gap of 12 years they did not behave their ages. My masi loved my mother like anything and the same was the case with my mother. Although my mother got married young my masi wasn't like that. After mom passed away she decided to take me in because my father refused to talk to me or do anything for me. Apparently, he was too much in shock with my mother's death and he couldn't look me in the eye because I made him remember her. The worst excuse someone could ever come up with.