Chapter 57

Yogini Anand

"Are you okay?" I asked again as I waited for Rudra to come outside of the bathroom, "Do you want me to come in" I asked from the outside. 

"I am fine," he said with a lot of difficulties and he came outside. 

"I think you need a doctor more than me" I chuckled. 

"Couvade syndrome" he breathed and laid down on the couch.

"I will act as if I totally understand that," I said as I picked up the intercom, "Kamal ji please send a glass of nimbu paani" I said and hung up. 

"Will you be going to the office?" I asked and he glared at me, "That will be a no then" 

"But where are you going," he asked. 

"If you haven't noticed it's already 10 and I have a meeting at 11 so I will see you later," I said and kissed his cheek. 

"Yogini" I paid no heed to him. 

I quickly picked my tiffin from the dining table and just then the front door was opened and Dhruv came in. 

"What are you doing here so early," I asked him. 

"Where are you going," he asked ignoring my question. 

"Office," I said nonchalantly. 

"Bhabhi you can't go anywhere," he said as he took my bag from my arm, "You need to rest" 

"No, you need to do whatever you were here for," I said and took my bag from him, "And I need to get to my office" 

"But aren't you pregnant," he asked and I glared at him, "Aren't you supposed to be resting" 

"I would but then who would earn and run the household as brother clearly isn't in a shape," I said dramatically. 

"What happened to him," he asked. 

"Ask him," I said as I took my car key.

"Uh uh," he said as he took the car keys, "These can wait I will drive you myself," he said as he kept the files on the table and we both made our way outside, to the garage. 

"You don't need to come and pick me up," I said as I smiled at him and closed the door. 

No one other than our family knew that we were expecting and we decided to keep it that way for a little while. I quickly made my way to the conference room where I was supposed to brief all the new employees who had been recruited while I was away. 

"I hope everyone would be able to meet their targets and have a productive day" Vijeyta ma'am tried to express her zeal as much as she could but failed when everyone smiled awkwardly and left. 

"I think you should stick to the talking" she sighed and left the room. 

I quickly collected my things and made my way to the desk. 

************

I stretched my body as I finally sent the last mail of the day. 

"Time to go home" I whispered in a little sing-song way and left. 

I knew there would be a car waiting at the main entrance but I was startled when I saw dad instead of Rudra or Kamal ji. 

"What are you doing here," I asked with a gentle smile as he hugged me. 

"Well of course I had to pick up my daughter after a tiring day at her work" he replied with a warm smile. 

"You know if someone saw you here it won't be a good impression on me," I said.