Chapter 16

Yogini Anand

This wasn't something that I was expecting. I quickly went inside the living room to see Mr Shekhawat and JT already having some discussion regarding tomorrow's party. 

"I think we should start with the dinner," I said trying to break the awkwardness that was surrounding me.

"I think we should wait for Maya," Mala ma'am said while looking at her wristwatch. 

"Yeah Yogi you never have dinner without masi why are you so desperate today," JT said with a smirk. I knew very well what he meant and there was no way in hell that I would let it slide especially when he was sitting under my roof. 

"Well JT I had a really long day at the office today and unlike some people, I worked my ass off and just focused on my work and if for one day I decide to eat early doesn't make me a desperate person" 

"What do you think other people do in office huh" he yelled at me as he stood from his seat. 

"I don't know you tell me" I yelled back at him. I quickly looked around and saw Mala ma'am looking at both of us with an amused expression. And as for Mr Shekhawat, he looked as if he trying to make some sense about the whole conversation. 

Just then the doorbell rang and it saved me from any further embarrassment. I quickly ran towards the door and sighed in relief to see masi standing on the door. 

"Is Mala here?" she asked. 

"Yes and Mr Shekhawat and...... JT as well" I said as I took her bag and coat from her.'

She turned towards me and looked at me. 

"What is it," she asked. 

"Let's just go inside," I said and we went inside.

"Let me set the table," I said and went into the dining room. God what is up with me, I thought. 

"Here let me help you," Mr Shekhawat said as he took the rice bowl from my hand. 

Now as cliche as it sounds I could feel my ear going red. 

"I can do it, Mr Shekhawat," I said taking the bowl back from him. 

"Rudra," he said and took the bowl back from me, "You should call me Rudra" 

"It's highly unprofessional and-"

"And we aren't in a professional relationship" he lightly smiled at me and continued to lay everything out. 

I took my own sweet time while laying down the coasters and table mat. Stealing a few glances here and there as Rudra laid the plates and cutlery. He definitely did not have that typical male misogynist type of mentality, it was quite evident. Where JT on the other hand had a male superiority complex. On multiple occasions, he had proved that and even repeatedly being told about it he never changed. It was one of the reasons why I was irritated by his sudden confession. He knew what exactly my problem was with him still he took the liberty to say that to me. 

I looked back at Rudra and thought about what JT had said. Did I like him? He was good looking, had a reputation, was kind of a nerd, was totally my type of person and had quite a positive outlook when it came to societal issues and basic norms. He knew what was right and what was wrong. He definitely was a family guy type of a person. 

"Oo biryani," Jogi said breaking me from my trance. 

"Mmhh, Jogi" Masi came into the dining room with Mala ma'am and JT closely following her. 

"Mum you are back," she said and quickly moved aside and pulled the chair for her and Mala ma'am like a perfect gentlewoman making me smile. 

"Jogi men are supposed to do this" JT quickly said, "Move" and he pushed back the chairs.