Chapter 46

Yogini Anand

"So I think I would make a very nice team with you, and others and I would give my best," the last candidate said and by this time I was done with the amount of these newbies. I think they had mistaken this interview for a flirting battle. 

"We'll let you know about Mr Viral" I gave him a tight smile and expected him to leave but he just sat there, "You can leave now" I huffed and he got up hurriedly and left. 

"So, what do you think," Aisha asked, she was from the HR department who was taking the interviews with me. 

"I mean they all have good education qualifications but-" 

"But some of them were complete jerks" she laughed. 

"You took my words" I laughed with her. 

"I will send you my report by this week" she smiled and left taking her things with her. 

I sighed and started packing my things. Just then my phone pinged. 

It was a message from dad. 

Haven't talked in a while, do you mind coming over. 

Firstly who talks like that to their daughter and secondly isn't he the one sending me Youtube videos always which are mostly unopened and still thinks we aren't talking. 

I shook my head and send him a quick yes. 

I will come over this weekend. 

I took my files and laptop and made my way towards Vijeyeta ma'am's cabin. 

"Yes, I would send my experts to the site" she was talking with someone on the phone when she asked me to come in. 

"So how was it," she asked. 

"Well, it was okay other than a few flirts here and there" I chuckled and gave her the CVs of one I had shortlisted, "These are the ones that I have selected, for the time being, once the psychological report comes we can tally with that and make final recruits," I said. 

"Yogini I want this to be done by the end of this month, I need people for the field survey," she said as she wrote something in her diary. 

"No problem, I would get the psychological report by the end of this week and will make the final list soon after" 

"Thank you so much" she smiled, "I have sent you some of the field survey reports can you just review them, one of them needs a proper plan to be made," she said. 

"Sure" I smiled and went out. 

There was no doubt that she made me work a lot but it didn't help that we were severely under-employed. I couldn't even complain wholeheartedly because I saw her doing the same, overworking herself all the time. It was almost a routine for her to work overtime. She was really passionate about social causes so I guess she really enjoyed what she did. 

I sighed and sat at my desk and got down to work. 

It was soon lunchtime and I went to the cafeteria to share my dabba with Mansi and Rishabh. 

"So I heard from Aisha that the social wing is recruiting some new employees," Rishabh said as he took a bite from Mansi's lunch and she smacked him. 

"Yeah, a disaster to be precise" I chuckled. 

"Oh yeah got to know about it from Aisha" Mansi chuckled, "Chalo I will get going need to get a lot of work done," she said and went. 

"So" 

"Hmm what" Rishabh hummed absentmindedly as he looked at Mansi's retrieving figure.

"Why don't you tell her," I asked. 

"You know things won't work out" he sipped his coffee, "She is already engaged and I am seeing someone" he sighed. 

"I am just trying to say that what if she too feels something," I said, "And regardless you shouldn't regret in future for not confessing your thoughts" and I got up, "I need to get back to work but do give this a thought" I made my way to my work station. 

I quickly shortlisted a few of the candidates that I felt were suitable for the job. 

I then packed my stuff and left. 

Heyyy I know a short chapter but if you liked it then do vote and comment and I will see you next time.