Chapter 11- Sam's Awake

Chapter 11- Sam’s Awake

We all froze. No one dared to move or speak. All of us quiet. The knocking stopped and the tension still didn’t slip away but I knew we all were waiting for someone to come bursting through the doors. A minute passed and we heard no noise.  

“I think the person is gone.” Laura said breaking the silence.  

I nodded. Lea was still scared I could tell. I felt a little bit scared too. I moved an inch away from them and took a deep breath. All of a sudden the door downstairs burst open. My eyes immediately widened. I could hear the footsteps. They were coming closer and closer to my room. I felt someone shaking me and I looked up to see Laura.  

She pointed to the other side of my bed. I quickly went there and Laura dragged Lea with her. By the time we were all at the other side of my bed the door opened. We all stopped breathing. The person or the thing walked over and came super close to us.  

 “Alice?”  

My eyebrows scrunched together. What? I recognize this voice. I get up and I see Brad standing there in blue skinny jeans and a tight white and blue checkered t-shirt. I release the breath I didn’t remember I was holding. After a while Laura got up to followed slowly by Lea.  

“Oh Brad you scared us!” Laura said as she laughed slightly.  

“Yeah” Lea said in a small shaky voice.  

I know she was still getting over the whole scary thing as I laughed.  

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Alice honey wake up." A voice called.

"Mmm." I mumbled.

"Wake up!"

"5 more minutes." I mumbled as I turned around and covered my head with the blanket.

Someone pulled the blanket off of me leaving me cold. "Please wake up."

I open my eyes slightly. "Yeah?"

"Your grandmother is calling you." 

I give the old looking maid a groan before I got up. While going towards my washroom to clean up the maid stopped me and said I can brush my teeth later. She steers me out of the room. I was still half asleep. I see my grandma standing there all ready and dressed up. I yawn and go to her.

"Yes grandma?"

"I have something important to say." She paused slightly. "Sam woke up."

That got my attention my eyes opened wide open. "What! When? How is he? Can he come home soon?" I asked darting questions.

Grandma put her hand out telling me to stop. "Calm down a little. I don't know that much but I just received a call from his mother. She told me Sam wants to see you. He wants to see if you alright."

That made me a little teary. He wants to see me? He wants to see if I'm okay.

"So we're going to go visit today whenever you’re ready."

"I'll get ready right now then!"

As I ran to my room I heard Grandma chuckling. I opened the door to my rooms to see Lea still sleeping and Laura folding her blanket.

"Hey what happened?" Laura asked as she took in my overly happy expression.

"Sam" I said.

"What?" She asked in confusion.