«I want to start by apologizing to Maya for giving her the collar.»

He looked at Maya who looked utterly confused.

«Why?» Her voice was small and shaky.

«I'm sorry I gave it to you when the rest of us were so totally unaware of the responsibilities that came with it. I mean, I thought we were ready, but we were not

«I'm sorry,» Maya piped, tears brimming in her eyes.

«No, baby, listen to my words. I'm sorry. This is my fault, not yours. You did nothing wrong. In fact, you were amazing. You were a good sub, but we... we were not being good doms.»

Seonghwa looked around the room.

«I am not talking to Woo and San right now. This is not about you. But the others here... I'm so disappointed... No, I'm so angry with you! Fucking hell, I thought you knew how important...» He was getting worked up, and had to take a deep breath. «Maya gave herself to us. When we get that gift, we have to take care of her! We have to! Maya dropped pretty deep last night after sex... Yes, Yeo and Jongho helped me get her in the bath, but where were the rest of you?! And then the two of you disappeared too! Fuck! Maya couldn't be alone for a second. You should have been there to help! Maya deserved all of your help and attention, but no, you guys were all gone, probably having sex in other rooms. Well, fucking good for you.»

«Hey, that's not...»

«Shut up, Mingi! You guys were the first ones to leave. I know it was to have sex, don't even try to lie to me.»

«Yes, but there was no way Maya could have...»

«No, she couldn't have taken any more last night, that's true, and good for you that you recognized that. But you should have fucking kept it in your pants until you were sure she was well taken care of. Someone should have helped me dress her, blow-dried her hair, gotten her water and food...»

The room had gotten silent now.

«You're irresponsible. You're not worthy of the gift Maya gave you last night. So I'm taking the collar back.»

«What?» Maya looked heartbroken at him.

«It's for your sake, my love. I'm sorry, but as things are right now, this group does not deserve you in that position. So you won't be able to wear the collar for a while.»

«For how long?»

«I don't know.» He kissed her temple and pulled her closer. «I'm sorry.»

After an awkward silence, San finally said something.

«And I thought this was about us not being there for lunch. Or brunch. Or whatever.»

«No, that just makes you assholes,» Seonghwa said, fire burning in his eyes. «All of you. Not a single one of you thought it would be nice to make our princess breakfast the day after our anniversary? The day after we fucked her into submission? No, you went to work out when you woke up.» His animated hands would have been funny in a different situation. Now, no one even smiled.

«We didn't want to disturb you, we thought you might want some time to yourselves.» Yeosang heard it himself, his voice sounded pathetic.

«But why?! Maya and I aren't in a relationship alone. We're all in this together! Aren't that what this anniversary was all about?» Hwa's piercing eyes were making Yeo uncomfortable, but he couldn't look away, not now. «Is that why you and Jongho left us in the bathroom?»

Yeo nodded, and when Hwa turned to Jongho, he did too.

«Well, how nice,» Hwa said, pulling Maya closer. «You didn't see the way Maya stared toward the door after you left, and how she cried when she realized you left her. And when we came to the bedroom, and no one was there... Yeo, you said you would come sleep with us...»