79. Voldemort's Reign (TRAITOR)

MINISTER OF MAGIC, CECLIA LUFKIN DEAD
On November 5th, Cecelia Lufkin, the minister of Magic was found dead in her office, the reason behind her death is still a mystery. Barty Crouch Sr, the Head of Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement, who was to be appointed as the next minister has resigned from his post along with several other workers in the department. Marionette Rookwood has been appointed as the new minister of magic.
"It's about time that The Wizarding World come to its full strength. With all the power that we have, we can reach new heights. Happy times lie ahead of us. (Complete article on Pg. 3&4)

MINERVA McGonagall appointed as the headmistress of Hogwarts
The Ministry has decided that M. McGonagall, the previous deputy headmistress has now been appointed as the headmistress of Hogwarts after the demise of Albus Dumbledore. Though, the ministry has decided to keep a close eye on how things are run at the school. (New Hogwarts rules and regulations for a bright future, and introduction of Dark Arts, on Pg.9)

The Funeral of Albus Dumbledore
The greatest wizard of his time, Albus Dumbledore died on the evening of 31st October 1978. His last wish was to be buried on the school grounds, and the previous Minister of Magic, Cecelia Lufkin gave permission for it. The funeral was held on 2nd November under the strict security of Aurors. (Complete coverage on Pg.8)

New Rules & Regulations For Muggleborns. Now under the category of Half-breeds?
The Ministry on 6th November has decided that all muggleborns will have to register with the ministry by the end of November or their wands will be confiscated and they'll serve lifetime imprisonment in Azkaban.
The ministry wants to conduct tests and experiments on muggleborns in order to find out how they got access to magic in the first place. According to Yaxley, the most reasonable explanation is they might have stolen the wand from other wizards but this is still put to hold.
The minister has shown a big heart towards the Muggleborns and has said they can remain a part of the wizarding community but will have rights equal to House-elves and other creatures.
"What more can a thief ask for? We are providing them with a place in our world and that's enough. After a long discussion, we have decided to allow the muggleborn students in Hogwarts to continue their studies but they will not be allowed to give N.E.W.Ts and O.W.Ls. Also, the ministry is thinking of not allowing any more muggleborn in Hogwarts from the next session. The workers in the department of Mystries have come up with a result that Muggleborns are all half-breeds. We'll tell you more about it soon."
All the muggleborns have been removed from their jobs and all their businesses are shut down.

Half-breeds have been deprived of basic rights as they are now proven harmful to society.
The vampires, werewolves and even Goblins, have been deprived of all their rights.
 Gringotts has been taken under the control of the Minister of Magic and the goblins all have to follow their orders from now on.
Werewolves and Vampires all have to turn in their wands and are now to live only in the Forbidden Forest, those who will be found somewhere else will be imprisoned in Azkaban.
Centaurs have protested as their habitat has now been put under the control of the ministry but the ministry has shunned them. The Ministry believes that they have been given more land and freedom than necessary. A group of Ministry workers arrived and pushed them deep inside the forest.

JAMES POTTER, the murderer & the face behind THANATOS.
James Fleamont Potter, the son of famous potioneer Fleamont Potter has been convicted for the murder of  Albus Dumbledore and many other witches and wizards. On the evening of 31st October, Thanatos' face was revealed to the entire wizarding world when he killed Albus Dumbledore that evening, as James Potter. He was wearing the hood and fooling others by the name of Thanatos, so as to hide his crimes.
He has killed twenty innocent civilians and injured many.
The Ministry has announced an award of ten thousand galleons for James Potter. The ministry is doing everything to capture him. He's said to be on run with his muggleborn wife Lily Potter, who was his partner in crime as Andraste.
The wizarding community is to stay alert and report immediately to the ministry if they spot him, a photo of him and his wife has been put under the article.
The Minister of Magic has assured that James Potter will be punished for his crimes, and a dementor's kiss has been kept for him and his wife.