28. Prongs with stags and deers(back to hogwarts)

Sun was setting, and James was alone in his house tomorrow he would be back at Hogwarts and no more loneliness. Sirius has decided to spend time with his cousin and her daughter. His parents were out for auror duty and so was Uncle Ben. 

He decided for a ride on his broom, thankfully he had the invisibility cloak, he took his wand as his uncle has recommended just in case, he sat on his broom and covered himself with the cloak, and kicked off the ground, there was rain earlier, James could smell it in the air as he flown above the village area his house was in. James liked the people around here, James has played in this area and some of the people had become his friend. Sadly James could see them only in summer and as they grow there friendship has grown apart but they still smile and wave at him. One of them is Troy, a 20 year boy, James doesn't knows him much they had only played together sometimes. Troy leaves alone his house after his parents' death, he is famous for his drinking habits and fighting on streets.

James was passing over his house when he spotted Troy standing in front of his house shouting at passersby, who all ignored him, James stopped to watch this to be true it was quite entertaining, James laughed at Troy's mimicry and funny comments(but rude). Then James saw three oddly dressed figures passing by, he could not see them properly as it was dark now and street lamp was not lit  yet. Troy made a comment at the three persons, James recognized what they were going to do, they were wizards and don't know about Troy, James slowly got on ground took off his cloak and hid his broom with it and ran towards the four. The three people's face was still not visible but they both had their wands out, James stopped a few distance away from the three, none of them noticed him.

"He is drunk, please ignore him," said another passerby to the three persons who both laughed.

"Let's have some fun then," said one figure and with a flash of light Troy was thrown off his feet and the other two laughed.   

"Crucio," said another and Troy shrieked. James has never seen someone in so much pain, his shriek was like asking for death which he wasn't getting, James felt a sting in his heart, Aunt May's image in front of him.

James recovered and took out his wand with one freed hand and shouted "Expelliarmus" the wand flown out of the man's hand and fall to his feet. James cursed himself he should have used the spell properly but the shriek of Troy made panicked him.

"How dare you to do that? Who are you?" asked one of them as the curser picked his wand.

"I was stopping you from using an Unforgivable curse, he was drunk you all should forgive him and leave," replied James.

"You will," they laughed "but how ? Because we are not going to leave you without some fun. Do you know we are Death Eaters, we can do anything now," and he sent a spell towards James who ducked it. James knew that his only chance was to run or they will attack him and Troy both.

"BOMBARDA" James shouted pointing his wand in place between him and them, the death eaters instantly produced a shield to protect themself. James took the moment and climbed his now invisible broom, after pocketing his wand, he removed the cloak from the broom and was about to throw it over himself when a red spark passed him, he looked behind and saw the three following him on their brooms which they has summoned or conjured, James didn't know or care. He pocketed his cloak instantly to free his hand as fully covering himself was not possible and then took out his wand.

Fighting 3 vs 1 in air was what gave James otherwise if he was on ground he would have been dead. He has thought that the three were normal wizards but he knew he was wrong the moment they use unforgivable curse but he has to stop them, it was his responsibility.