51. Living With The Evans

Lily has been going mad, locked in her home, and not receiving proper replies from James, she has thought that he might be up to something or was just sad and worried about his parents. She was now cursing herself for not talking about it properly to him, his letters has been short and rare, it was very unlike James because he used to write to her every two days or mostly four days.

She has talked with Sirius, Remus, and  Marls about it too, and they all agreed that James was indeed acting odd and so was Peter. Once or twice Lily has thought that James might have found some villa but has ignored the thought, she trusted James.

Lily hasn't left the house except for a few days, because she has seen from her window that Snape was lurking around her house and when she has left last week, she has seen him following her, so she walked fast and returned home earlier than she has planned.

Her bad mood was not hidden from her parents and sister too, though they hadn't pushed the topic, as Lily herself has talked enough about James that they hadn't had to push it.

"Young love," her father says each time she began talking about James and she would turn red but nevertheless continued talking.

She has therefore written to Dumbledore explaining him everything and requesting him to check on James. 

Today, after taking bath, she sat in her backyard reading the daily prophet, she was following the news about Thanatos and has admired him for his talent and daring, though she like the prophet wasn't sure if it was an Auror or a death eater who has betrayed Voldemort or a mythical figure, though her money was on Auror, but this recent news about him was quite different.

  THANATOS SAVES THE MUGGLEBORN FAMILIES

The mysterious figure, who goes by the name of Thanatos, captured seven death eaters last night, who were all there to attack the small wizarding community there, which is inhabited by muggle-born wizards for over a century.
It was at night when they heard the noise warning them about death eaters in the area, and then they heard the voice of Thanatos assuring them that he was there to save them.

Mr. Anderson, who is a resident there has seen the entire fighting, "There were explosions all around and then everything went black, we could see the mongoose in the air though, and could hear the cries of death eaters and laugh of Thanatos, there was the sound of the cry of Banshee and thunder sounds. When the smoke cleared five of the death eaters were already on the ground, then Thanatos began fighting with the remaining two death eaters and then, a lot of crows surrounded Thanatos, and when they flew away, Thanatos was gone from there, and he appeared behind the death eaters, not fully, only his head appeared there, then he attacked a death eater from nowhere, it was an attack made by his body, He could separate his head and body. Then we talked with him, he really was Thanatos, and then Dumbledore appeared and he too addressed him as the son of night and carrier of souls, and before they walked away Thanatos asked his force to return to Heaven, the forces were invisible but we all could sense them. I thank him for saving us, without him, we all would have died."
The entire family in the area thanked Thanatos for saving them.
The Ministry has no clue as to who this mysterious figure is and Dumbledore has kept quiet on the matter and just says he believes Thanatos is here to take the souls to the afterlife. 

Lily was about to read more when the bell rang, she continued sitting, looking at the photo of Thanatos standing over a roof and his mongoose symbol, hoping someone else would open the door, as it might be either Vernon or some mailman.
The bell rang again, groaning Lily stood up and walked to the door opening it lazily, but when she looked at the person standing there, she squeaked happily and jumped and hugged him.