33. Misunderstanding

The Marauders and the girls were sitting in the Great Hall, in the morning today was a Hogsmeade weekend, so everyone was excited. James was lost in his thoughts of the plan while the others discussed the new funny charm they had learnt The Atmospheric Charm, which can change the weather inside the room or in a small area.

"You didn't tell me what you smelled in  Amortentia, Prongs?" said Sirius, and James was brought back to reality. 

"What?"

"Are you okay mate? You are always lost in deep thoughts, anyway tell us what did you smelled in Amortentia?"

"I. . .  treacle tart, my broomstick, and Jasmine," said James going red.

"Oh, I love the smell of Jasmine," said a voice as someone pushed Sirius and sat beside James, it was Lucy.  "And you know I smelled broomstick."

"OH Ho! Prongs here is very fond of the broomstick, Lucy," said Sirius.

Lily felt jealous watching Lucy shamelessly sitting so close next to James and telling lies. But what if James smelled Lucy and not her? 

"This is Gryffindor's table, Lucy," said Mary, she hated Lucy the most, but now she was next to Lily.

"I know, and I can sit here with my friend, everyone is allowed to sit at anyone's house table, can't I James?" she asked holding James' hand. James looked at his friends for their response but none of them spoke so he just sighed.

"Well, I think it's allowed but. . . ." before he could finish Lucy cut him.

"Thanks, James, you remember when our families took us to the Ministry and you trapped an owl with an important letter in a room, it was such a fun day," laughed Lucy.

"Yeah, I remember that, dad was angry," smiled James at that memory. And then Lucy began talking continuously for 5 long boring minutes, each minute getting closer and closer to James and each time Lily's anger and jealousy rose.

"So, we can go together today to the Hogsmeade," said Lucy holding James' arm.

 "I. .  . . I . . Sirius needs me today, we have work to do," said James.

"No, sorry mate I have a date today with Sally today," said Sirius not getting a hint at all.

"Well then it's settled I will meet you at the castle gate, bye James," Lucy said and kissed his cheek. And before James could say anything she was gone.

James turned at Sirius, "Thanks for the help, Padfoot," he said angrily.

"What? I told the truth only," said Sirius.

James shrugs, "Well, I am thinking of not going to Hogsmeade, then."

"I will stay too," said Remus looking at Mary.

"No, you both have to go," shouted Peter and they all turned to him, he was looking nervous since morning.

"Why?" asked James.

"Well, I want the dorm all to me, I have plans today," he said turning pink.

"And Sarah is the plan?" asked Remus smirking, Peter blushed and nodded.

"How did he move so much up the ladder, I can't believe it," said Sirius.

"Well, Sirius not all girls have the same taste, you know, not everyone is into you," said Mary honestly.

"But James you can't just dump a girl," said Peter.

"It's because you only want to be alone," snapped James and Peter raised his hands in mock surrender. "But I guess you are right, I'm fucked up."