59. Snape and Narcissa

When Lily saw the Potters, her heart sank, they were looking very ill and weak lying in the bed, she stood in the room with Marls as James sat with his parents and talked to them, the conversation was light and happy, same as easter, it felt that nothing has changed, though everything has changed.

Lily could feel the tears building in the back of her eyes but she pushed them back, only she, James, Pardey, The Potters, and The older Mckinnon knew that The two Potters have limited time left of which nearly half the time is over. 

She could see the pain in Fleamont's and Euphemia's eyes, they too were hiding it just like James but as she has gotten to know James so well, could easily see it. It was from his parents and his father to be precise that James has gotten this ability to cover emotions with jokes and grins.

Sirius stood by the bed and joined in the conversation, it looked as though he was a brother of James, which he was, the relations that aren't blood-related are much stronger than any blood relations, Lily thought.

She looked at Peter standing at the doorway, he was thinking of staying at Sirius' flat alone and visiting his parents on Christmas Eve but James has persuaded him to stay with him there. When she has talked to Peter on their way here to why he is not visiting his parents earlier, he replied that his parents were spending Christmas at his father's brother's house which Peter didn't liked, they had always taunted Peter for being weak and small, they would always compare him to their son who is a Ministry worker. Lily has felt anger at Peter's uncle's family, she wanted to go there and shout at them, it was true that Peter was not physically weak and was a very nervous boy but he was talented in his own way. She has noticed the same anger in James' eyes when he has heard Peter telling Lily about his uncle's family. Lily liked this about James, he cares for his friends and family.

The thing that the Marauders and Valkyries had all kind of people in their group is what made their group dynamic and strong, there are two purebloods, three halfbloods, and two muggleborns, all unique, one is a Werewolf, three Animagus, two quidditch players, one expert healer (Mary), one potion and charms expert, one stealthy and sneaky rat, one badass girl, one shy, observant, but gossip loving girl, the most loyal boy, the most kind and understanding girl, the cool stupid guy, the professor guy, the foody, there were the three girls to keep the boys in check, the boys who loved every opportunity of pranking and laugh, if you were to count them, they were only seven persons and they were all bonded together by love. 

They were her family after her parents and sister, they meant everything to Lily, Marls is always there for her and helps her with things Lily doesn't understands, Mary's help in sense of shopping, dressing and being a muggleborn they understand each other well, James' love and care, the three Marauders' brotherly love and teasings, it's all what Lily wanted, all of them together forever.

They all talk with the Two Potters for hours, before leaving to allow them rest, they all sat in the living room and began talking but James didn't join them and left to go, excusing by saying he was going to bathroom, others didn't paid much attention and began talking about Hogwarts and war with Mckinnons, Lily however followed James, he was in his room, sitting on his bed, his head buried in his hands, she approached and sat beside him, pulling him into her, saying soothing words as he began crying into her warmth, the sight of his parents and their limited time was draggers to his heart.

She didn't realized when they had changed their position from sitting to laying on the bed, James after being soothed by Lily, has joked a bit to lighten the mood and now she was lying on her back, her hands snaked around his neck as he hovered over her and they kissed each other passionately, forgetting about the rest of the world.